ead help please!

h1gc

Registered Users (C)
hi ALL

what are the required documents for EAD renewal? Please help!

I know of:

-fees
-form 765
-copy of previous EAD
-copy of I-94

Am I missing something else? I heard my friend saying cover letter. copy of passport etc.. should I send these stuff?

thanks for your help

h1gc,
Last time when applied I sent only

photocopy of EAD card and 485 reciept notice.

As far as I know you don't have to send passport photo copies.

Originally posted by h1gc
hi ALL

what are the required documents for EAD renewal? Please help!

I know of:

-fees
-form 765
-copy of previous EAD
-copy of I-94

Am I missing something else? I heard my friend saying cover letter. copy of passport etc.. should I send these stuff?

thanks for your help

- Fee
- Copies of Front and Back of the previoue EAD
- Top portion of the original EAD approval letter (I-797) (If available)
- I-485 receipt
- 2 Photos

i know immigration photo is required ... i gave them 2 copies, just like the 1st time i applied for it. my new ead card has my new photo on it.

If you are doing online application you do not have to send anything,
just only to call BCIS and schedule FP and to be pictured at ther office, it is free.

Need nothing.

Best way to RENEW in my experience is to fillout the online application. Fees are transferred electronically from you bank account (best way) immediately. Then call the 800 number and schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted and photographed.

Once you reach the ASC at the scheduled time it will take about 10-15 minutes to complete the whole process... ie once its your turn. Suggest early appointment and early arrival.

A list of documents required are provided. Carry them on person with a copy to provide if required. As always its a good idea to carry any immigration related general documents (PP, I-94, Visa, old EAD, DL, SSN card) - just in case any is required.

Hope that helps!

can some one tell me..

the fee should be paid in what form???? one of my friend told me that i need to send only "money order" not the personnel check. is that correct?

is bcis stopped accepting personal checks??
I am sending my application soon...plz respond!

Re: can some one tell me..

Originally posted by Vinnu
the fee should be paid in what form???? one of my friend told me that i need to send only "money order" not the personnel check. is that correct?

is bcis stopped accepting personal checks??
I am sending my application soon...plz respond!

BCIS accepts personal checks.

vinnu,

ar888 is right. Personal checks will do the trick. In my case all the time I sent personal checks. I didn't see any problem with that.

One advantage of sending personal checks. Atleast you know when bcis cashed your check. This will give good indication about EAD apporval.

I recently renewed mine by post.

Just like a poster above, I also sent in the copy of my I485 receipt, photocopy of current EAD (Front and back) & front and back of I94.

Since I applied for my wife's as well, I sent in copy of marriage certificate for her.

Applications were mailed separately but I included my A# on cover note of my wife's application.

I also used a personal check for payment.

Rd was Aug 14, got approved on Sept 22 or so and got cards within a week.

I sent Color Photo copy of Passport foto page and Driver's license also (for my wife renewal). Got approved within 2 months.

Thanks Guys.

I mailed mine yesterday, exauctly 3 months before my old one expires. I sent personal check payable to BCIS.