ead/h1b

srinuada

Registered Users (C)
Iam currently working on h1b. I also have ead. Iam going to change my employer. My new employer is not ready to do h1b since i already have ead. But my attorney says it is safe to continue on h1b , even after having ead. Could you please suggest me what to do.

"As far as I know " if you have H1b for an employer and if you want to work for another employer under H1B, the future employer must have at the very least filed for a H1B.

Also since you have an EAD (assuming you have filed 485), I think if you change jobs, you are doing so with your EAD.

I am curious about your lawyer who says you can continue working with the same employer under the previous H1B. I dont want to say anything definitely but I think your lawyer is wrong. But if your lawyer means that it might be safe for your new employer to file your H1b then in that case, I dont know what AC21 allows.

Does AC21 require people to change jobs on EAD or can they do so with H1?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest to go ahead with H1 till you get the final approval of GC though you have EAD. Are you working with the sponsoring employer till now or your sponsoring employer a future employer? If it is the case of Future Employer absolutely better not to go for EAD.

Because once you start using EAD you cannot revert back to H1. Also it depends how much period of H1 you have left over.

My case was the same a month before. My sponsoring employer is a future employer. I moved my job from different employer (A) to different employer (B) on H1B. I am planning to work with Sponsoring employer after getting my final approval.

Its upto people to take risks. I don't want to take any kind risks atleast to my knowledge. I will be always very cautious.