EAD/H1 Status-Please help

uscisbuddy

Hello All:

I am very new to this forums. So please bear with me. The RD on my I-140/I-485/I-765/I131 is 5/20/04. We have received our EAD's and AP's. Now if my wife finds work and starts using the EAD, will I be in-eligible for the H1 extension? :confused: If I go to India using my AP, will it effect my H1 status? I donot have current stamping in my passport as I did not leave the country after my visa expired. My current H1-B expires after October 31, 2004. Please help.

Ead

I am not sure, if your wife works on EAD, you can extend your H1B.

I have little awareness about the second thing, if you go to India while coming back if you get into country with AP then you are no more on H1B, Your status will be moved to EAD.

But if your H1B got stamped in India n you come back on H1B then you are eligible for H1B extension.

Safe side you make sure from some attorney

You don't need H1

Once you have your EAD - you dont really need an H1b extension. Neither does your wife need H4 extension. You can travel and return on your AP - why even bother to get H1 B stamped in India, you'll have to go through an interview at the consulate to get it - seems unneccesary to me.

Anyways - that is just my thought.