EAD finger prints question

osm

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I have an employment based adjustment of status case that was transferred from CSC to the Phoenix local office. I went to apply for a EAD at the local office and they told me to file the application at the Chicago office…

I filed the report to Chicago office and the confirmation receipt I got says that I have to call the 1800 number and schedule myself a finger prints appointment.

I had my second finger prints taken in Phoenix in November 20004. Why are they not using the same finger prints? Is this normal for them to ask for finger prints as part of the EAD filing.

Any idea on how long it takes to get the appointment when I call them?

I will appreciate any light you can shed on this issue.

Thanks in advance

osm

osm said:
Hi Guys,

I have an employment based adjustment of status case that was transferred from CSC to the Phoenix local office. I went to apply for a EAD at the local office and they told me to file the application at the Chicago office…

I filed the report to Chicago office and the confirmation receipt I got says that I have to call the 1800 number and schedule myself a finger prints appointment.

I had my second finger prints taken in Phoenix in November 20004. Why are they not using the same finger prints? Is this normal for them to ask for finger prints as part of the EAD filing.

Thanks in advance

osm
I don't think they need fingerprints for an EAD. You might want to call USCIS and find out if this is correct.

BTW, what's your RD of your 485? Our case was transferred to Phoenix as well.

osm said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

osm

You need to call NSC at their 1800 number and schedule an appointment. This is now the process. When you would get the fingerprinting scheduled, is based on your local ASC's schedule.

INS is correct, just call them to schedule an appointment. They "WOULD NEVER USE YOUR I485 FINGERPRINTING" for this EAD at anytime.

Good Luck!