EAD Expiring and in the middle of changing JOB

luckGC

Registered Users (C)
hi All,

I work for company X on H1-B valid till 2006. I am in the middle of joining another company very soon using my EAD. My current EAD expires on 01/06/2004. I have applied for my EAD renewal and the RD date is 10/16/2003.

My question is if i don't get my EAD renewal within 01/06/2004 and work for the new company..... would i be out of status?

Also i think i may have one more week to go from 01/06/2004 before i am eligible for the 90 day rule to get the EAD card in person....

Any suggesions on how i can handle this situation would be very helpful...

Thanks,

luckGC

Originally posted by luckGC
hi All,

I work for company X on H1-B valid till 2006. I am in the middle of joining another company very soon using my EAD. My current EAD expires on 01/06/2004. I have applied for my EAD renewal and the RD date is 10/16/2003.

My question is if i don't get my EAD renewal within 01/06/2004 and work for the new company..... would i be out of status?

Also i think i may have one more week to go from 01/06/2004 before i am eligible for the 90 day rule to get the EAD card in person....

Any suggesions on how i can handle this situation would be very helpful...

Thanks,

luckGC

You need a valid EAD in your hand to work. If you do not receive EAD before the current one expires, you will have to quit/get removed from company payroll until you get the new EAD.

You need EAD to work for the new company.

I presume u r not applying for H1B for the new company. Either u can have an arrangement that the time u put in is included as OT after u get the EAD, so that u r paid. Or u can apply for H1B transfer, which would allow u to work for the new company as soon as u recieve the receipt.

The Key is, u can't officially work [get paid], till u get ur EAD.