EAD expired - What next????

PSG2004

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1. Can one work when the 1st EAD has expired and the renewed EAD has not been received?

2. Can one travel outside the US when the 1st EAD has expired and the renewed EAD has not been received?

I cannot request for an interim EAD because I will be out of the US when my EAD expires.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

PSG2004 said:
Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1. Can one work when the 1st EAD has expired and the renewed EAD has not been received?

2. Can one travel outside the US when the 1st EAD has expired and the renewed EAD has not been received?

I cannot request for an interim EAD because I will be out of the US when my EAD expires.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

1) NO ,legally you cannot .You must have a VALID EAD .

2) YES you can travel , but if you have valid visa or AP. As per my knowledge if you start working on EAD then your h-1 is no longer valid .

Good luck

you can NOT work with expired EAD.

You can travel with expired EAD card if you have a valid advance parolle.

Thanks for the fast replies.

Any advice as to what I can do next.

My EAD expires on 3rd Dec. I applied for renewal last week since I received my 1st EAD in August. I am in India in Dec. and will be returning on Dec. 19th.

Given the situation, what options do I have?

Thanks again!

Barring any RFE, VSC is processing EAD renewals pretty quickly. Received mine within 4 weeks and current processing time is Aug 30, which reflects the pace at which I got approved.

In all probability, you should get EAD within next few weeks, before you go.

PSG2004 said:
Thanks for the fast replies.

Any advice as to what I can do next.

My EAD expires on 3rd Dec. I applied for renewal last week since I received my 1st EAD in August. I am in India in Dec. and will be returning on Dec. 19th.

Given the situation, what options do I have?

Thanks again!