EAD expire, renewal not yest??

div

Registered Users (C)
What happens if your EAD expires before you receive the renewed EAD. Are the receipts sufficient to continue working?

No Title

No...You cannot work and you cannot be on payroll also, if you dont receive your new EAD cards, You can work if your H1 is still valid. Same thing happend with me in Feb 00. My EAD expired on Feb 10th 00, and I received the new EAD on March 14th. I was sitting home without working and with no pay.

Hope this info. helps.

No Title

I have similar situation. My lawyer said that as long as the application for extension is filed before
> the expiration of my current EAD I may continue to be employed, even
> though the new card has not yet been received. INS regulations 8 C.F.R. § 274A.12(b)(20)has explanation for this matter.

Always ask your lawyer for your particular case. Good luck.

No Title

I agree with you yo101yo. This is exactly what my lawyer told me. And on top of that the form I-9 says the same thing very clearly. I cann\'t imagine what exactly was the case with Murthy Mantha, but the part of information he provided, is definitely wrong.
I cann\'t find a reason why one should scare other people unnecessarily. Murthy, could you be more specific please, like when your EAD expired, when you applied for the renewal etc.? That would be of great help.