EAD Expire and Renewal dates - A Question

pacha_card

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

My EAD is expiring on 09/20/2005 and I am planning to apply for renual in July 2005. Now my question is my new EAD card would have the expiry date of 09/20/2006 or would it have 08/20/2006 (assuming USCIS would approve my case on 08/20/2005).

I am still on H1B, so I am trying to understand when is the good time to apply for my EAD renual and eliminate the over lap period.

Thanks every one in advance.

- VG

Last edited by a moderator:
New EAD does not start with expiry date of ur current EAD. It will be from the day it is approved. good luck

pacha_card said:
Hello Everyone,

My EAD is expiring on 09/20/2005 and I am planning to apply for renual in July 2005. Now my question is my new EAD card would have the expiry date of 09/20/2006 or would it have 08/20/2006 (assuming USCIS would approve my case on 08/20/2005).

I am still on H1B, so I am trying to understand when is the good time to apply for my EAD renual and eliminate the over lap period.

Thanks every one in advance.

- VG

NSC is using a new system to produce EADs -- so the new card would be valid for a year from approval date - which means you "lose" EAD time.

Since you are not currently using EAD to work, apply a bit late. NSC takes about 4 or 5 weeks to renew EADs -- so apply around 5th of August or so & you'll be fine.
Worse case - even if your renewal is delayed, nothing lost since you are working on H1 and not using EAD anyway.

Approved in less than a month.

Pacha,

My 3rd EAD was approved in less than 4 weeks. If you are not using it and are in no rush don't apply too early.

That's just a thought.

Thanks every one who have replied. I agree with your advice and and I will apply for EAD renual just 4 weeks before the expire date.

- VG

My ead is expiring in Dec'2005. When would be the best time to apply for renewal. I am working on EAD. Vermount center.

HI R
It would be hard to give you a definite timeline right now since nobody knows the pace between now and end of Sept. However, if I were you, I would apply 60 days in advance if not earlier. You should post this message again at the end of Aug/Sept to see the rate at which cases are being processed at that time.

goodluck

ravvap said:
My ead is expiring in Dec'2005. When would be the best time to apply for renewal. I am working on EAD. Vermount center.
To be safe you should apply 90 days in advance. If something goes wrong you will be able to get interim EAD.

Can any one of you explain me what is an interim EAD and how to apply for it.
Is it some thing, one has apply at local USCIS office in person ?

Thanks in Advance.

- VG