EAD card late for 5 month

bullSF

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for EAD card this JUNE (which is my second EAD card), I called INS today and they said it's still pending, how come is it so late? 5 month already! my friend got his renew one in only 1 month, u guys has such experience ? please share, also they told me my 485 filed will be opened only at 2012! finally confirmed!

:( so sad

Originally posted by bullSF
I have applied for EAD card this JUNE (which is my second EAD card), I called INS today and they said it's still pending, how come is it so late? 5 month already! my friend got his renew one in only 1 month, u guys has such experience ? please share, also they told me my 485 filed will be opened only at 2012! finally confirmed!

:( so sad

I do not understand why you wasted your money on a meaningless EAD that expires in one year. There are many better ways to spend your money.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, but i applied it already, I will not apply it again next year. WAste $120 and still not getting my EAD

Originally posted by bullSF
yes, but i applied it already, I will not apply it again next year. WAste $120 and still not getting my EAD

I am not sure, but I believe that after three months you are entitled to go to your local INS office with your NSC receipt and ask for an EAD. Why don't you call INS NSC again and check it out?
Or maybe somebody in this forum can confirm or deny if this is possible. Good luck

They are backlogged

They are very backlogged right now with EAD renewals. Cases filed in early summer are being decided now.

Nothing you really can do but be patient.

Originally posted by alanpero1

I am not sure, but I believe that after three months you are entitled to go to your local INS office with your NSC receipt and ask for an EAD. Why don't you call INS NSC again and check it out?
Or maybe somebody in this forum can confirm or deny if this is possible. Good luck

I found this in INS website:

Interim EAD: If INS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.