EAD Card Issue.. Pl. help

varpu

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for my EAD card which got approved in 10 days, but the card that I received had wrong Validity Dates. Due to which I returned the card along with the old application to Service Center to reissue EAD card with correct Date, explaining the issue in the attached letter around 20 days back. Today I called USCIS and got information that I need to send a new Application form(not old one) with the EAD card and the immigration officer told me that they have not received anything as of now.

Gurus please suggest what should I do about the same ?
What are my options ?

Pl. help as I want to renew my card before leaving on vacation next month

Thanks in Advance

1. Complete EAD applicaiton, sign on it, make copy for ur record.

2. Attach the old wrong card copy (hope u have made it)

3. Attach the proof of USPS receipt that you did mail
(always use certified mail and best is to spend $1.50 extra to get return receipt service, usually what happens when TSC receives it they write on internal track # /mail room track # on return receipt and that receipt arrives to ur mail box)

4. Use standard cover letter, and do attach "CHECK LIST" and list all doc u are sending. and check them

5. Use explaination letter that you already send that EAD card and proof is attached.(they don't care much about it)

6. Also mention that because of their error waive the processing fee.

7 Attach all required docs like I-94, 485 receipt copy, PHotos etc

8. Go to USPS and use certifed mail with return receipt required serivce.

Hope u would get new EAD soon.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks POJ for the reply .

I have sent the documents for the correction.

Is it possible to apply for a new EAD card to be on the safer side? Or one can file only 1 EAD application at a time?

TIA

varpu said:
Thanks POJ for the reply .

I have sent the documents for the correction.

Is it possible to apply for a new EAD card to be on the safer side? Or one can file only 1 EAD application at a time?

TIA

You can file but its better not to it may confuse to USCIS. you may think other option for Interm-EAD from local office

Good Luck