EAD card and address change

luckGC

Registered Users (C)
hi All,

I recently moved within state and have promptly filed my AR-11 and also called the BCIS customer service and informed them of the address change. They took down all the information and said that it will be applied for all my applications I-485, EAD application etc.

The question i have is, inspite of me doing all that if the clown's at BCIS do not update my address on time and if my EAD card gets sent back to BCIS by the postal department ( i have given address forwarding ). If the above mentioned situtation happens then what is the course of action?.... Has anybody experience this?...

Since i am planning to work on my EAD ( current EAD expiring 01/09/2004 ) i just wanted to be prepared for such a scenario....

Thanks a lot of your input,

luckGC

I was also in this situation and had lots of problems updating my address. It took almost 5 months to do it with the help of my local congressman's office.

Only after they called BCIS my address was changed and my wife got her EAD card.

I would suggest if you are planning to work on EAD and have moved, dont fall into BCIS's trap. They say they will update the address and will never do. You will be asked to wait for 30 days before you can call and find out the status.

One piece of advice is have copies of all your mail that you sent to BCIS and call your local congressman and give them the info after the first 30 days. Dont wait any more then 30 days.

You can check my earlier postings regarding this with id hemeshd.

Hope this helps.

contacting congressman

hi,

Thanks for the input. Can we go to a congress man office proactively and make them call INS to verify if they indeed have the updated address and if not ask them to update it?... does that help...?

Thanks,

luckGC

I am not sure if you need to go the office personally. All i did was called the congressman's office and spoke with one of the person who handles these kinds of cases. They took my information and told that they will call me back in a week. One week was nothing compared to the 5 months wait.

I did not even hear from the congress man's office i saw my wife's ead card in mail. I was really impressed by the kind of pressure congressman's office would have on BCIS.

Even though its a pity that even for something like address change i have to go to congressman.

Good Luck.

Check with ur nearest USPS- if they would forward government mails. I don't think they forward govt. mails.

Originally posted by luckGC
hi All,

I recently moved within state and have promptly filed my AR-11 and also called the BCIS customer service and informed them of the address change. They took down all the information and said that it will be applied for all my applications I-485, EAD application etc.

The question i have is, inspite of me doing all that if the clown's at BCIS do not update my address on time and if my EAD card gets sent back to BCIS by the postal department ( i have given address forwarding ). If the above mentioned situtation happens then what is the course of action?.... Has anybody experience this?...

Since i am planning to work on my EAD ( current EAD expiring 01/09/2004 ) i just wanted to be prepared for such a scenario....

Thanks a lot of your input,

luckGC

I also moved to a different address, but working in the same company. I applied AR-11 and my attorney told that they will inform the BCIS about the address change, so that new address will be reflected in AOS forms. Its been 2 months, still I didn't get any letter from INS about the address change. Will I get one? When I asked lawyer, they said I won't get any. But what is the guarantee that lawyer did his job? Also I read in other forums that when we change the address, BCIS sends the confirmation.

Can I call BCIS and inform about the address change? What happens if lawyer already did this and I also try to do the same change?

When I call BCIS CSR, what information do I need to have in my hand? I only have my Receipt# for my 485 application. Any help will be appreciated.