EAD Card after NIW RFE

panduranga

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I replied to my RFE in the first week of February (received at USCIS on 2/7) and I received an EAD card on 2/14. Note that I had filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently in September 2005.

What does this mean? I thought they would first take a decision on my RFE and then send an EAD card if the decision is positive. It appears from the USCIS website though that they have still not decided on my RFE. Is it very common to get an EAD card and later get a denial on NIW, thus negating the EAD card ?

panduranga said:
Friends,

I replied to my RFE in the first week of February (received at USCIS on 2/7) and I received an EAD card on 2/14. Note that I had filed my I-140 and I-485 concurrently in September 2005.

What does this mean? I thought they would first take a decision on my RFE and then send an EAD card if the decision is positive. It appears from the USCIS website though that they have still not decided on my RFE. Is it very common to get an EAD card and later get a denial on NIW, thus negating the EAD card ?

Well, You have received RFE for your I140 application which has relatively no connection with EAD application. Your EAD is based on pending I485 application. If by chance your I140 gets denied then your pending I485 also gets rejected .......then only your EAD will get rejected automatically. Just pray that NIW I-140 get sapproved and then your will be fine....

ead after denial

How long ead is effective aFTER denial of 140? if you appeal can you continue to work in ead