EAD boston

h1gc

Registered Users (C)
I did not apply for EAD along with 485 application. Thinking of applying for EAD now. Is it possible to get first time EAD from boston office? Any recent experience at boston office for EAD?

Thanks in advance.

You have to be living in area covered by Boston INS to apply for EAD at Boston. It's just like your kid can only go to your area public school :D

To get/renew EAD in Boston INS office, one should posess either Massachusetts or New Hampshire driver's license.

IMPORTANT: Boston INS office will take EAD (new or renew) applicationa ONLY between 7 AM and 9 AM. When i went there around 10 AM to get my EAD, i was sent back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RD:11/30/01
ND:12/13/01
FP:02/23/02
AD:??/??/03

to Bostonfish and others who went to Boston for AP and EAD

Bostonfish
Did they tell you they will take upto 9 AM or is there a certain number they issue EAD tickets and AP tickets? Also when did you got your EAD? Did you apply EAD and AP together? Are there seperate lines for EAD and AP? Thanks in advance

RM2002,
I was told that Boston INS office can take EAD applications between 7 - 9 AM. In my understanding, there is no number limit for EAD apps during this period. I went to Boston INS office last week for my EAD (new) to return with empty hand. I got my AP from Boston office during first week of Nov '02, which i didn't use during my re-entry to US in Dec '02. I re-entered US using my valid H1, though i had AP with me.

Bostonfish

bostonfish,
Thanks very much for the info. I think first time employment based EAD you have to apply to VSC. But I think they renew it even if it is employment based. Correct me if I am wrong!
Thanks,
RM2002

RM2002,
As i said earlier, if you hold either MA or NH driver's license, you can walk-in to Boston INS office between 7-9 AM to get your EAD. It doesn't matter, whether you're applying for the first time or renewing it.

Boston fish

Thanks verymuch Bostonfish,

Did you apply for AP also in Boston? What are the documents they ask?
Thanks

RM2002,
We got our AP's from Bosotn INS office during the first week of Nov '02 in anticipation of our scheduled abroad trip during third week of No '02. As far i can remember, we took the following docs:

1) Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice
2) Completed I-131 form with 2 GC style photographs
3) Money Order for $110 (I think it's $80 now)
4) Passport
5) Driver's license
6) Abroad trip ticket or itinerary (Optional)

I was suggested by my lawyer that AP applying date must be within 30 days of your travel date. I think in most cases, Boston INS office enforces this restriction to reduce the number of applications.

e.g. : Travel date : 02/28/03
AP date: 02/01/03

I hope this helps you.

bostonfish

what documents you took for first time EAD? thanks for all your responses.. it helped alot and I decided to go to boston this week.

I still need to get my EAD and i'm planning to visit Boston INS office for this purpose sometime next week.
I think the following set of docs are good enough to obtain an EAD:

1) Completed I-765 (EAD) application form with 2 GC style
photographs
2) Money Order (I think it's $88 now)
3) Copy of I-485 receipt notice
4) Passport
5) Mass or NH driver's license

REMEMBER to go there in between 7 and 9 AM.
Good luck!

thanks bostonfish. How are you so sure that boston INS gives first time EADs? did any of your friend get it? I just want to make sure so that it doesn't screw up my case. I've already waited over a year now.

For first time EAD in Boston apart from the list of docs you guys mention, do we need a letter from employer?

Thanks and Good Luck to all! :)

Also, could you come back and write your experiences at Boston INS getting first time EADs.

Re: Employment letter requirement?
As far as i know, any employment letter is not required to obtain/renew your EAD from Boston INS office.

Re: h1gc
I cannot be sure of anything about Boston INS office. All the information i have provided so far is based partly on my experience and partly on my friend's experience. You can always consult your or any immigration attorney(s) to know more about the Boston INS office EAD procedures.

bostonfish need advise on Advance Parole

bostonfish,
Did you attach any page explaining how you qualify etc when you apply Advance parole?
thanks

Thanks to Bostonfish

Bostonfish,
Thank you very much for your input about AP. This morning I went to boston and got the AP by 9.30 AM. Things went well. I want to thank you again for all the info you provided
RM2002