EAD at local office

Tintinx

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I had applied for EAD at the local Arlington office and today I received a letter stating that my application has been approved but i need to appear in person to get the card.
Does anyone have any experience about this?

Thanks in advance

Tintinx

Yes. Though my experience was not at Arlington - it was at Nwk.

I went in and handed in my appointment letter and then waited.
They called me in when my number came up. Took my picture made me sign a form and asked me to wait in the waiting room.
Sometime letter they called me to the window and gave me my card.

The only thing is that sometimes the wait can be long - am not sure about Arlington though. Always take some reading material and snacks..... just in case.

Otherwise it's all very straight forward.

Just carry all your INS documents\approvals\letters etc. and copies of your bank statement and a paystub and any recent official bills to your address (e.g. electric\water etc.) - In case.

Is this renewal or first time?

Did you apply in person at the local office? Or was it for the renewal EAD? I thought you had to send all your aplications to the service centers (VSC) for anything you do nowadays. Either the fresh applications or the renewal applications.... Please share your views. Thanks.

JeremyR
EB3 VSC.
RD: 2/4/03
FP: 4/21/03
EAD: 6/29/03

Tintinx

Have to apply for EAD at Arlington office, and have few questions,

1. Is it possible to go on Saturday ?

2. Do they entertain direct application or need to apply first at VSC ?

3. What are the documents needed ?

Thanks in advance for your reply !

Guys,

My lawyer went and applied for it. All he took from me is some photos and the fee. This is a renewal.

Tintinx