EAD at Boston without showing them a copy of I-485/EAD Receipt - H20

H2O

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Q1. Does any body have the \'Experience\' of Getting an EAD/AP from \'Boston\'/other office the Same Day JUST by Mentioning to them the \'I-485 EAC Or A# Number\' WITHOUT copy of any Receipts of I-485/EAD? (Becaz\' my friend does NOT have any such receipt copies with her).

PS: My friend just have a Copy of \'Cancelled Check which has the EAC number for I-485\', is that enough to get the EAD from Boston?

Q2. If you have a Receipt copy for I-485/EAD, and you go for getting EAD from Boston, do they keep the \'Copy\' of Receipt (Or) give it back to you?

Thanks for your input.

Regards
H20

my experience

I got EAD last year from Boston District Office. I took paper set given to me by my lawyer which has following documents:
1. Form G-28. (notice for appearance as attorney or rep. signed by lawyer and by me/applicant)
2. copy of I-485 receipt (original is still with the lawyer)
3. Money order for $100
4. Passport or other picture ID.
They didn\'t kept any copy with them.
They issued EAD on the same day.
At present, my EAD is goint to be expired on oct 31,01. My lawyer advice me to go early (even my gc approval date seems near) as boston office does approves EAD on extension basis to VSC. They can ask us to file at VSC. Now, VSC takes typically 90 days to approve EAD. I don\'t want to take a chance so, I will be going for EAD renewal next week and if Boston office asks me to apply through VSC then I have room to apply at VSC.
Hope this will helps.

Long_way, a small queation

Does one have to wait 90 days from RD to go to local INS office for EAD? (first one). Thank you.

can apply for EAD - Walk-in at Boston upon receipt notice of I-485 sbubmitted

If you are in Boston area, then you can apply for EAD upon receipt notice of I-485 submitted. you don\'t have to wait for 90 days. Good luck!!!