EAD Approved.....I am going crazy!!!

NCGUY

Registered Users (C)
I just got my new EAD cards (spouse also). I applied in the middle of October.

My I485 has been filed in Jan 4, 2002 so I was really looking to be approved by now.

This process is a real test for people and add a huge amount of stress to ones life. One can only hope that it is over at soon!!!!

These stories of processing freezing, etc. are so crazy. The process moved slow as it was so I can not understand why they needed to freeze it. I have been waiting for close to 1 year now on I485 and more than 2 years for the complete process, they expect me to understand that they need to check into our lives further? How much more checking? How much more time? We are at the mercy of INS and just want to get on with our lives!!!!!!

I wish I did not have to pay FED taxes until they approved me... maybe that would move the process faster!!!!

Anyway just needed to let my frustration out......

I hope all of you are doing well during the holidays and that our approvals comes quick.....

If VSC guys are frustrated just imagine TSC guys. I think most of them would hv lost hope.
:(

our lives must be really miserable, even an EAD approval can be blissful these days!!!

Party on GC!

I will have a huge party when the my I485 gets approved.

I asked my lawyer (via email) about the INS problem on Friday and she replied to me. She said that I should not expect anything until 2 - 3 months from now (Basically March). She also noted that INS was working on Oct./Nov. cases.

I guess I will just hope that the process will improve once the new system is in place and that INS will clear up the new backlog that has now formed.

I also have a question for everyone.... if you could pay for faster INS service, would you? Let's say INS said they would charge 5000$ for one month processing of I485, would you do it?

After being in this process and dealing with the stress, I think I would pay.... this would allow them to hire many more clerks and that would clear things up...

what do you think?

Re: Party on GC!

Originally posted by NCGUY
I also have a question for everyone.... if you could pay for faster INS service, would you? Let's say INS said they would charge 5000$ for one month processing of I485, would you do it?

After being in this process and dealing with the stress, I think I would pay.... this would allow them to hire many more clerks and that would clear things up...

what do you think?

yes, I totally agree with you. And I believe, these long delays can definitely be solved by infusion of more money, they can just hire more people, get new snazzy computers or whatever they need to speed up the process....and yeah I would willingly pay $5000.

Look at what happended to H1 processing..they started this new "PREMIUM" processing...you pay couple of thousand more....but I've heard approvals in 7-13 days (some even claimed 4 days)..and what the F**** PEOPLE GET EMAILED WHEN THEY ARE APPROVED...

So as I said..I'll gladly ..make it GLADLY pay $5000 or so if processing ould be expedited. This does pose an ideological concern though (not that something of this sort would just happen just by us musing about it but still...) those people (or their companies) who are not in a position to pay that extra $5000 or so....are they any less deserving of getting a Green Card ???

Cool it guys

I am really surprised why you guys are after GC so much :

What difference it would make to you in any way??

Now a days its all the same if you have Green card or no green card ruct me I know lot of green card holders struggling to find jobd and are confused to apply for benefits ...

dont sit and cry over it....