EAD Approved but not recieved

auarkscpl

I have applied for the following;

I-130/I-485/I-765

RD Feb 18th, 2004
ND Feb 24 th, 2004

Reciept No's on all applications : MSC-04-143-XXXXX

I went to the Philly office to appliy for an Interim EAD on the May 21st, 2004 only to be told that my EAD application was transfered to Vermont where it was processed and approved on April 23rd, 2004. I explained that if that was the case I haven't recieved my EAD. They couldn't explain why.

I have not recieved any transfer notice nor have I recieved an approval notice. When I returned home I contact the USCIS customer service they have no record of my EAD application being transfered let alone approved.
As far as they are concerned my EAD application is at teh National Benefits Center in Missouri.

I have contacted the USCIS customer service several time since and they still have no record except that my applications have been recieved. I am at a total loss as to what to do now. I have written to the National Benefits Center as well as Vermont and Philly offices. What me can I do to find out what happened to my EAD????

EAD Delay Resolved

Finally I have a Resolution to the delay of my EAD as I mentioned before.
I went to the Philly Office and tried to get a referral from the 1st Floor officers to see a superviser which was refused because it was ASSUMED that my EAD was sent and recieved. Therefore I was not allowed to see a superviser.

I went up to the 3rd floor anyway as I spoke to a person that I called yesterday. After explaining what had happened on the 1st floor, she took my papers and went looking for someone who could help.

After a few minutes she came back and stated that the Assistant District Director would be looking into my case. So my wife and I went to have something to eat and drink and returned half an hour later.

After waiting for the Assistant District Director for nearly 3 hours she finally came to us and explained what had happened.

At the time I was to go to Philly to have my Biometrics taken it was NOT explained that I had to make seperate appointments for the Biometrics for the I-485 and the I-765 as we had sent all my applications to be processed concurrently (I-130/I-485/I-765).

The Assistant District Director explained that because my biometrics was not received by the Missouri Office, all it could do was approve my EAD but could not send it until they get my Biometrics. So what the Assistant District did was arranged for me to have my biometrics taken straight away and has also arranged with the Missouri office to have it downloaded on their computers so that my EAD would be sent tomorrow in the mail.

So I would like to WARN everyone that when they have to have their Biometrics taken check to make sure that the biometrics for ALL applications is taken or make seperate appointments for each application.

This was not explained to me by the National Customer Service Center and that's where the system failed to inform me. Be very cautious and double check everything that the National Customer Service Center tells you. Better to be safe than sorry. In my case my EAD was delayed 2 months because of it.

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm glad it's finally resolved !!!!

Good Luck Everyone !!!!

Last edited by a moderator: