EAD approvals???

EAD with ND Oct 8th '02 : no action.

WAC-03-008-53xxx and WAC-03-008-54xxx
ND 8th Oct for EAD still no approval.
Lawyer used to say it will take over 5 months...so he filed it in oct for renewal since my prev EAD was expring in feb.
I got 485 approval ...still no EAD :)

ND 25th Nov'02

EAD hasn't been approved yet. Might have to go for IEAD at SFO. My EAD expires in the last week of this month.

EAD Receipts

I was checking with my lawyer on couple of issues & she mentioned that INS hasnt given receipts for any (rather, most?) I765 applications that were filed by their law firm starting Dec 02...Are there other out there whoc have applied in or after Dec 02 that have received receipts for EAD applications they sent in?

how can we check with INS on whether they received the 765 applications? And the checks have not been encashed either!

Last edited by a moderator:
has been more than 6 months

it has been more than 6 months for my EAD and it has not come yet. I am not worried as my Visa is valid for several months to come yet.

2nd EAD ND 12/23/02

1st EAD expires 4/4/03 and am planning to go for iEAD in PHX end of this month.

EAD Receipts

I applied my ead in 2 nd week of Dec'02 Rd Dec 18th,I received
EAD receipt within 2 weeks,will go for iead soon.

Looks like it is taking more than 6 months for EAD now a days.

Deeps

Received EAD receipt ( renewal )

Filed ead renewal thro' lawyer ( don't ask me why I spent so much of money, its still hurtin :-( )
RD - 01.23
Lawyer recvd Notice on - 01.29
wac03-087- xxxx

- t

Mine filed on Sept 11th 2002. No approval yet

Mine filed on Sept 11th 2002. No approval yet

do we need iEAD, if EAD application is pending? My lawyers said I don't need iEAD to work if my EAD application is pending. anybody, please clarify?

-trinity

For all, who do not recieve EAD reciept..

People who have not rcvd EAD recipt, there might be some hope at San Jose office. It seems they have issued iead on cancelled check image.

Check this out ..

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/icenter/practical/INS_stories.html

Submitted 06/24/02
I got my interim EAD today from the local INS office in San Jose.
For your information:
4:30am arrived at INS office, about 50 people waiting in front of me
7:00am
INS office opens, there are around 150 to 200 people in line now
8:00am
enter INS office and pass security check
10:30am
talk to officer and submit my application
11:45am
leave INS office with my work permit
<b>
What might also be interesting for you is the fact that I have never
received this Action Letter. As I told them that I have never received
it they immediately asked for a copy of the cashed check. This was
absolutely sufficient to prove that I am eligible to apply for a interim
EAD. But I guess without some written document containing the
WAC number one might be send home to get a copy of the cashed
check first.</b>

Though I am not sure if this policy is changed after KKKroft effect..

I filed for EAD last Oct. 15, 2002 and it's been more than 5 months now and I haven't got my EAD yet. INS stopped processing last Nov. 2002 for most of the applications that they received probably because the employees were instructed to freeze the application by their managers because of the order from a top homeland security adviser to not release any EAD due to the job economic of the country and they want to prioritize the American Citizens first to get jobs before immigrants get it. Don't expect your EAD until next year because they won't release any EAD until the job situation becomes stable. What we need is to protest and walk to the BCIS offices. We should organize a rally so that BCIS will process our EAD again. Right now, almost all INS processing are at halt.

4everwaiting , calm down, there's nothing to worry about. Go to BCIS office and instead of protest just ask about interim EAD.