EAd and AP renewal.....

abc94536

Registered Users (C)
URGENT ---- EAd and AP renewal.....Pics

Friends,

I have to do my EAD and AP renewal and need all the info about it. Please direct me to the appropriate thread or let me know if I can file online (URL etc).

Which is easier and faster? - going through my current lawyer or doing it by my self?

How much time is it taking these days to get the renewed EAD and AP after we have applied?

Do we have a way to find out the status of EAD /AP once applied?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can definitely apply for the AP and EAD yourself. Forms are very simple to follow. Unless your lawyer will do it for free or you have extra money you don't mind spending.
Time it takes depends on the center it goes to. You can check the US immigration site and you can find the ND dates for applications which are being processed now.

Sorry, didn't finish answering your questions. I am not sure the lawyer can do it processed any faster than you can. All he will do is complete the forms and send them in. Which you can do yourself.

You can check on the stage reached for your application after you receive a receipt notice. Again just go to the US immigration site and on their home page, you will find a number of things you can check. One is "case status and processing times". Click on that on when you select case status, you can put in the number given you when you get your receipt notice. It will tell you where they are. You can also provide an email address and you will be notified of any updates.

abc94536 said:
Thanks!

Which is better and faster? efile or paper file?
Seems like paper-file is having a slightly faster turnaround time.

The good thing about eFile is that USCIS takes the photographs themselves ... so less chance that the photo will be unacceptable.

I would choose paper file over e-file right now .... hopefully that will change in the coming months

Hi,

As suggested by Gurus in this forum - I paper filed and fedexed my EAD and AP application.

Please suggest after how many days of it been delivered - I can call them and get the EAC#?

Also what is the no. where in I can call for VSC?

thanks

I sent side view pics for EAD and AP renewal. This is what they had on my current EAD and AP card and on the Form that they sent.

Please let me know if I did a mistake....

If I did a mistake - please let me know is there anything I can do to make it right! Or will I have to wait for an RFE?

In case of an RFE will I have to send the fee again?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
abc94536 said:
I sent side view pics for EAD and AP renewal. This is what they had on my current EAD and AP card and on the Form that they sent.

Please let me know if I did a mistake....

If I did a mistake - please let me know is there anything I can do to make it right! Or will I have to wait for an RFE?

In case of an RFE will I have to send the fee again?

Thanks!

Yes u did a mistake.. u shd have sent the front facing pics....
I guess u will have to wait for a RFE
U won't have to pay the fee again at the time of RFE

What happens if I send them the front face pics as soon as I get the EAc#. Will that be accepted?

Also, in case I have to wait for an RFE - how many days we are looking for RFE resolution - after I submit the new front face pic?

Besides, will I be eligible for interim EAD in case its more than 90 days?

Lastly, can I anybody help me with the VSC 1800 no. where in I may call and get the status?

Thank you once again!