EAD and AP question for Columbus, OH

hope_gc

Hello,
I applied for I-485 in May 2002 and have got the receipt notice for me and my husband. Both of us had valid H-1 so we did not file for EAD and AP along with 485 application. Now I want to file EAD and AP for my husband.

I have downloaded the forms from INS website. Where do I need to send the EAD and AP application. Is it at Nebraska Center or Cincinnati office.

From the instructions, it appeared that EAD needs to go to Nebraska center and AP needs to go to Cincinnati office. Can please someone confirm it.

Thanks a lot.

I sent my EAD renewal to Cincinnati office last week. I have not yet heard back from them.

My understanding is that Cincinnati is generally faster than Nebraska. But if you are applying for the first time and can wait for 100+ days for approval apply to Nebraska. Also if you apply for EAD with Cincinnati you will be given an appointment and will be required to go in person.

Thanks Priyali.
Do I have the option to apply to Cincinnati office directly as this is the first time I am applying for EAD. If I have it, I will definitely apply to Cincinnati office.

In case of appointment, do we need to go to Cincinnati or Columbus office.

Thanks

Cincinnati office is fine !

Go to Cincinnati office and get your EAD - over the counter !
They issue EAD on Tue only. Ensure that you go atleast
half hour before the office opens. There will be a lot of crowd.
If I remember, they issue EADs from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
on Tue only.
Carry with you, your I-485 receipt. Please note that this
information is 8 months old. Call up and check with Cincinnati
office. Yes, Cincinnati is one of the few INS offices that issue
EAD directly. BTW, you do not require an appointment to
apply and get your EAD.

As for AP, you have to apply via post - you cannot apply
directly at the INS office. You may apply for AP at the
Cincinnati office. Again, please confirm with Cincinnati office.

Details on Cincinnati office is available on the web.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks for the information but the procedures have changed now for EAD walk-ins. Cincinnati office no longer welcomes walk-ins for EAD who are applying for the first time. One has to apply through mail.

My question was what is the right approach now? Whether to apply in Cincinnati office or at NSC.

Thanks!

Please See Priyali's Reply.....

You Should apply EAD and AP to Cinci office if your cretieria is to get it quick but the downfall here is that you should be willing to travel to cinci INS for an Interview.
If you apply to NSC no interview and it takes 100+ days.
hope this helps