EAC Number cannot be found in AVM

When I call AVM and type my 485 EAC # (the system always says it cannot be found. This happens with my wife\'s 485 EAC # too. I have mentioned this to an IIO last week who said that she will \'put it back\' into the system. Still the number is not available.

Any suggestions

EB3 India, PD 11/96, ND/RD 11/00, EAD 2/01, FP 4/01

No Title

Hi Members,

I have a very strange experience from INS TV. Yesterday in the morning II said your FL are just cleared and it will take around 2 months time to clear the case. In the evening II called my lawyer and said FL are rejected and new notice will be issued some time between 2-3 months. My Category EB2 ID=12/98 ID=10/07/99 ND 10/18/99 first FL 3/3/01
Can any one has gone through second time FL and how much time it takes to get second notice.
Thanks,
Raja.

No Title

I had the same experience as you sbk. I applied for I-485 about a year ago and ever since AVM has always said that the record cannot be found (both for me and my wife). I had gotten EADs, APs and my FPs were done in Nov. so it worked all fine for me.

And suddenly from last week, my (and my wife\'s) EAC number is being recognized by AVM. I did not call IIO and it happened all of a sudden. Bless the system that is so random and inconsistent

No Title

Thanks for your input GC4VP. I know that the actual processing of 485 does not depend on the AVM finding your EAC numbers. It is only that I would prefer to check my status quickly through AVM rather than spend a couple of hours trying to reach an IIO who after all will repeat the same old stuff.

It is interesting the way the system suddenly started recognizing your numbers on its own, however, I think there is a way you can request an IIO to actually update the system.

No Title

Hi sbk,
Don\'t worry. It happened to me as well. My detail is: ND 06/00 FP 11/00. When I was checking the AVM about one week after I did FP, it said that my EAC# could not be found. Then I talke an IIO the next day, she told me that since there is a long time to get my case to be processed so that they have not put my information into the system. But she said if I want she can do that for me and then later I found my number was there.
So I think it is not inportant for you to have it in the systme right now.
Hope this message helps. good luck.

No Title

This happened to me too...... but we got our FP notice recently. so i guess it shouldnt be a problem. Dont worry

No Title

I had the same thing happen to me - the EAC number was not available to the system. I did not do anything about it - I figured that the system was just not updated yet. And then, one fine day, the AVM had details about my case. So, I wouldn\'t lose any sleep over this - randomness seems to be an integral part of getting the GC!

Cheers!
--Perplexed

No Title

Sometimes it takes a while to update AVM.
Quick note though, if don\'t get your EAD
in about 2 months after filing, better contact
INS or your lawyer. I filed on 10/00 and got it
in about 2 months, early 1/01 but my wife\'s got
delayed (3+mos). Apparently, it was "forgotten"
in the printing, got it 1 week after inquiry.
But AVM said that both our EADs been approved
on 12/00 then and already requested for printing.

Anyway, may I ask you if your EAC# starts with
00 or 01 say EAC-00xxx or EAC-01xxxx? Just want to
verify mine, my RD/ND is 10/2000 and my EAC# is
EAC-01xx-xxxx. Because I believe fiscal year starts
in October.

Thank you. Goodluck to us all!

GMC

No Title

SBK,
Don\'t worry. You are not the only one to experience this. Even my EAC is not found by the AVM. I know many people in the past
heard similar message, but later suddenly they got approved. So, Don\'t worry about it.

No Title

I had a similar problem earlier. I called the IIO and she told me that she will put a request to update my case in the AVM. She mentioned that it will take about 4 days. And it did get updated after 4 days...so if you still getting "case not found", you might want to call the IIO again. Just a suggestion.