e-filing of EAD

GCDreamz

Registered Users (C)
Hi - Can sombody here describe the process (or point me to where it would be available) of filing for EAD by ourselves.

I need to file for my 3rd EAD and want to avoid paying the lawyer an arm and a leg - since I am saving that for the RFE :)

All help is appreciated.

Thank you,
- GCDz

ps - can we also e-file for AP??

Sure I have.

That is why I am still using my lawyer to answer the RFE.

However, since BCIS is allowing e-filing of EAD applications and considering the fact that the last 2 times my lawyer did file for them and did nothing special other than type up forms, which anybody with some common sense can fill up - I think I can accomplish the same and many people on this forum have done so.

Where you need specific knowledge of the law - let the experts handle it. However, maybe you feel it is worth paying a grand to get some forms filled out - well then that is your opinion & decision.

Thanks for taking the effort atleast to voice your thoughts. ;)

Good Luck.

efiling EAD

GCDreamz,

It is exteremely easy to efile EAD. Just go the USCIS.gov web site. On the home page look at the right column for Efile. Click on it and follow through. If you cannot find it, look for form I-765 and you will also find the link there.

It took me about 15 minutes to completely prepare my wife's and mine and submit it, including payment.

REMEMBER to PRINT the page it asks you to print at the END, with your WAC #. It contains information that you will need in order to contact ASC for finger printing. Go for finger printing as soon as possible after submitting your eapplication. It will be on hold till you complete your FP's.

Two days after you submit, you will get your receipt in the mail.

Go for it! Good luck.

u dont need to

Originally posted by goodsaint
Just curious, how did you submit the photos?

after E Filing, u get an appt with ASC (call 1800#) & they will do the rest - photos/fingerprints etc

And by the way it took 6 months after following up with BCIS to get an approval.

Isn't it possible to go for iEAD after 90 days of applying? or with efile the rule is different? any thoughts?

Also, Thank you all for your responses, I will be filing for my wife's and my EAD in the next few days - will let you'll know the experience and outcome, if it is different from what is expected.

Thanks

Hi, GCDreamz,
> Isn't it possible to go for iEAD after 90 days of applying? or with efile the rule is different? any thoughts?
You can get iEAD to visit a district office after 90 days of submitting an application.