e-filing EAD/I765

goforGC

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone describe their experience for the new Electronic Filing of Employment Authorization (EAD)?

Thanks in advance.

goforGC,

I had applied for EAD online in June and my experience was reasonable.

Once you fill up the forms and submit it, you should take a print out of receipt and forms etc.
They send the actual receipts also a few days after.
You have to go to INS center for getting the digital photos and digital fingerprints (no extra fees) after taking the appointment. There is a 800 numner you get while filling the application so just talk to them and take a convenient appointment.
I had went to Oakland center after taking a Saturday appointment and everything went better then what I was expecting. It was quick (I was done in half an hour or so) and the folks were nice.

I had got mine after 2 months and 10 days..

I had used a checking account of a major bank to pay the fees.
Had also appended my experience to the thread "New online EAD...Your participation required"
There are a few others appended to. It seems E-file is ok but a little slower then paper file. Advantage is you can fill it up any time of the night and day and get same days receipt date..

My exp. w/ efiling

Hi All,
I am pleased to tell you all that my EAd applied online on Aug, 20th exactly 3 months before expiry of current one got apprved on Nov 5th. I was kinda worried because the people who directly applied in VSC they were getting approved with in 2 months or so I think. I was scholding myself that why I have done that online thing, it went to MSC(missouri Service Center). O well Thanks God mine got approved finally.
THings I sent after I filled the application online:

1) copy of I-140, 485(reciept), my bio pages of passport), AP which I used when I was coming from Canada this August, Old EAD cards both sides copies.
2) mailed it the very next day when I had the Service center appointment for my finger pront and photo session.
so it took from Aug 20th -- Nov 5th. Hopefully I will get the cards soon in the mail.
3) Lesson learn that apply your EAD renewal atleast 6 months in advance to avoid any mishaps. Good Luck to all