E-2 Visa Refusal

matt9741399

Hello,

I recently applied for an E-2 visa through the Romanian U.S. embassy in Bucharest as I have British and Romanian nationality.

Before applying I did very detailed research to check that I forfilled the E-2 visa's criteria, and was happy that I met all the requirements.

A few weeks after applying I was given an appointment for an interview. On attending the interview I found myself being shouted at, verbally abused, and being treated very unfairly by the visa officer. As I had done absolutely nothing to provoke this behaviour, I find myself feeling very confused and disturbed by what happened.

It was fairly obvious by the statements made by the visa officer that he had not read any of the documentation (including a comprehensive business plan, as required by the E-2) I had submitted.

When the guy refused my application, he put a stamp in both my British, and Romanian passport. Now, as I applied as a Romanian, to the Romanian U.S. embassy, I am unsure as to whether the guy had a right to put a stamp in my Bristish passport or not. Does anybody know what the standing is on this?

Also, does anyone know of a way to appeal the decision, as I am disatisfied that the decision was made fairly. and is there a complains procedure against U.S. embassy staff? Finally, are procedures identical though-out U.S. embassies around the world, or are they different in each country (not taking into account places where U.S. relations are sensitive).

Thanks for any help/advice,

Matt.

E-2 Refusal!

That sounds very disturbing.

No matter what's the result / decision the visa Officer do not have any right to be not polite.

You can always appeal the decision and even complain against the visa officer.