• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2008 winner from Bangladesh need Help

zahid474

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got my NL on 05 April, 07. My NL number is 2008AS1xxx. I applied for DV2008 on 03-Dec-2006 (last date) for me and my wife. My baby was born on 07-Dec-2006, after submitting my application and cutoff date. So I could not entry my baby's information at the time of application. I contacted KCC and they asked me to send my baby's birth certificate along with DS-230 forms and photograph. I sent all the documents for myself, my wife and the new born baby to KCC through DHL. KCC received my docs.

Is it required to notify about my baby to any other agencies than KCC?
Will consular disquilify my case?
what is the expected time for getting 2nd letter?

Please suggest me.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem

Hi all,

I got my NL on 05 April, 07. My NL number is 2008AS1xxx. I applied for DV2008 on 03-Dec-2006 (last date) for me and my wife. My baby was born on 07-Dec-2006, after submitting my application and cutoff date. So I could not entry my baby's information at the time of application. I contacted KCC and they asked me to send my baby's birth certificate along with DS-230 forms and photograph. I sent all the documents for myself, my wife and the new born baby to KCC through DHL. KCC received my docs.

Please suggest me.
No problem my friend.
The consular will not disqualify your case because of the baby. They know that it is normal for people to marry and have children after the lottery.
Think about it my friend; you can have a fake marriage, but you cannot have a fake baby.
You do not need to notify any other agency about your baby.
2nd letter depends on when your case number becomes current on the visa bulletin. Your case number looks good and you may get second letter by September 2007 and get interview October 2007.
Congratulations:D

Hi all,

Please suggest me.

as you sent to KCC about baby on your both forms then no tension man its okey

Dear Zahid474,
I am a Bangladeshi living in Japan, got DV 2007 and my interview is on August 06, 2007 in Tokyo.
Don't worry about it. I had the same problem.
Just send an email to KCC knowing about ur new baby. They will suggest u to fillup DS 230 part I and II forms as u filled up earlier for u and ur wife and request u to send back the forms with ur baby's birth certificate to KCC. Thats it the process.

Good luck and pray for me.

dear bddhk,

Thank you for your suggestion. I prey for you and hope you will be successful by almighty Allah. Please write about your interview and suggest me the same.

Hi bddhk,
Don't forget to post your interview experience in Tokyo after your pass!

Me and my wife (AS1XXX) are going to have interview in Japan too, so any information will be very helpful. Thanks!