• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2008 Facts

I had emailed the embassy few days ago, no replies yet. But basically I wanted to ask them about marrying someone after getting the first letter, how they treat such scenarios. They say if spouse/child info is not mentioned in original DV entry, then that case is automatically disqualified even if second letter arrives, but they don't explicitly state about situation where marriage or birth of child takes place after getting the first letter.

There are lots of people who do that (marry after they receive the notification letter), but it needs to be done BEFORE the interview (correct me if I'm wrong)... You might have to prove that you've been together for a while before you won the lottery, maybe not...

There are lots of people who do that (marry after they receive the notification letter), but it needs to be done BEFORE the interview (correct me if I'm wrong)... You might have to prove that you've been together for a while before you won the lottery, maybe not...
yeah thats what I thought too. I got married to m longtime gf last month. I guess my number may never be current but we got married anyways, and I am going to include her in the application now.

yeah thats what I thought too. I got married to m longtime gf last month. I guess my number may never be current but we got married anyways, and I am going to include her in the application now.

Just write about your situation to KCC with an evidence and they will consider your case as genuane one

should us born child included on forms?????

what if I did not include my child under 21 because she is a born us citizen?..I did not include her name because it specifically said in the forms, even when I first Applied for dv lottery that state only children who would be applying for permanent residence....in other words how could I put my child mane on forms if she is already a US citizen? I even asked my lawyer friend in New York, and What he said after reading the forms, not to put her name on, if I do they would send her a green card, which would not be right then he said...so what should I do?????? guys help me on this matter? should I call kcc for this matter or not? or is there anyone out there who had the same problem..please give your opinion

Hi

I am in a similiar position, as my son was also born in the US.

At first when we were notified that we had won DV2008 we were also a bit confused as to what to do. We called KCC and asked but they said they could not advise us on such matters. but then on thinking of it we realised that there was only one thing to do.

Since our son is a United States Citizen with a Passport he cannot be said to be immigrating to the US with us however, on Form Ds-230 part I , I beleive where they ask to state the names of your children then you would have to state the childs name there.Leaving it blank would be a false representation of your situation as it would indicate that you have no children.

My husband who is primary applicant listed me as immigrating with him and I had to send in form DS-230 as well. But I still had to disclose that I had a child.

So I think that is what should be done in such a case. Anyone with other ideas ?

well if kcc does not know? then who knows may be I should contact US embassy ...may be not????any other winner have the same problem out there like mine who has a us born child and did not include the name on the forms???

I have an important information

I wrote an e-mail request to U.S consulate office in ANKARA concerning my situation whether I should have included my us born child on the forms or, not. They were very quick in response. I wrote them very late last night, and they responded so quickly, today about the matter....Ladies and gentelmen,,it seems that you do not include or put your child's name if she/he is american born citizen.. I am so relieved now...because I did not put my child's name on the forms..Following is the response I received from the wonderfull Ankara us consulate regarding my situation..

Der Mr.xxxxx.

If your child is American Citizen you do not need to include him neither on your initial entry nor on your forms. He will not be issued an immigrant visa since he is already a citizen.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit