• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2004 program-Visa starting date

dana19

Could someone please help me with some info?
My number is 2004EU00006xxx and I have a scheduled interview date for October 1st, 2003. If everything goes well with the interview, what would be the starting date of the visa (the first day I could travel to US)? Would it be the day of the interview (or a date pretty close to it) or at some date in 2004? Thanks!

Dana,

You can travel anytime after you receive the visa package (maybe the same day as interview). From that point you will have 6 month to enter the US. Good luck with your interview!

Szymon

I was given my visa package the same day as the interview- the interview was in the morning and I came back in the afternoon to pick up the paperwork. As the other poster noted you then have 6 months to wrap up you affairs and enter the US.

The interivew was nothing , a couple of simple questions -
"where are you going" and "what will you do " . As it is a lottery they are not trying to catch you out , it is more of a formality and to get to the interivew point they have already verified your health and financial issues. The point of the lottery is to get diverese people into the US.

regards