• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV WINNER needs advice. CP or AOS. Which is best?

omo_Jesu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I won the DV 2003 lottery. My number is in the 20000\'s for Africa.
I am legally in status in US - H1B.
Which way is better AOS or CP? I dont want to travel to Africa for CP cos of money but I dont want to risk anything and would rather spend the money than loose my chance. Pls what are the pros and cons of CP and AOS. How good are my chances if I do AOS? When do they normally invite for interview????

Thanks in advance . God bless you

AOS or CP

First of all congratulations for winning DV lottery. You said you got the AF 20000\'s, if you look at the Visa Bulletin for DV visas In may they expect to process AFRICA: AF 17,000 which means that tou will have to wait at least until May 2003 for trying to get your AOS if you decide to go that way. I hoped tha by then the INS can adjust your status in 4 months or less
BTW did you say that they send all the Notification alreday or they will keep sending notice for the next couple of months?
thanks

CHOICE?

Hi, Andy

You know much more than I am.
So, I\'m winner also. From May 15.
I\'m from Europe, Poland. My number is almost 18 thousand.
Could you, please, explain me this?
Does it have any meaning?

I live in US on B1 visa, but still legally.I wanted to get AOS.
If I\'m suppose to get back to my country?????? For what?
Sorry, but I don\'t understand this idea.
I\'d be very appreciate you for explanation.
Thanks.
   Martha.
           just1410@yahoo.com

Where\'s the Number

I\'ve heard several references to numbers. Where\'s the number located at? Is it the last digits in the case number? Thanks!

Also, what is a police certificate (which is one of the required documents)?

CP vs AOS

I\'m here on an H1B visa too. I\'m quite confused with the whole AOS vs CP issue. Am I required to file AOS since I\'m currently residing in the US? Does it not matter which route I go through? Does going through CP mean you have to have your interview at your native country? I don\'t care about cost; I just want the least complicated route. Thanks so much!

police certificate

It\'s about your past, if your past was "clear", no crime, no records.
You have to ask for it in your country\'s crime register, except time you were in US.
I\'s also depends from which country you are from.In packet you can find infos about exceptions.Your country coud be between these exceptions.