• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV winner entrance to US timing

Kiwigirl

Hi there. I was told that DV winners have to arrive in the US within 6 months of the medical. I had my medical on the 9th March 2018 and commitments mean I have no choice but to arrive in the US on September 9th - six months to the day, and down to the wire - if I've done the maths right? It's probably a silly question, but I need reassurance - will this be a problem? (and are my calculations accurate?!)

Hi there. I was told that DV winners have to arrive in the US within 6 months of the medical. I had my medical on the 9th March 2018 and commitments mean I have no choice but to arrive in the US on September 9th - six months to the day, and down to the wire - if I've done the maths right? It's probably a silly question, but I need reassurance - will this be a problem? (and are my calculations accurate?!)
When you get your visa, it will have an expiry date. (Usually 6 months from the medical but occasionally differs.) That’s the date you need to enter by. Wouldn’t recommend planning to enter on last day - all you need is one flight delay and you’ve lost your chance.