• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Visa - Expiry timeline

carrasfe

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I was succesful in the DV'10 lottery and have activated my green card by landing in the USA. I am in posetion of my green card but returned back to the UK as I am working here at the moment, does anyone know by which date I have to have moved to the USA so that I do not lose my visa? It only seems to have the green card expiry date which is in 10 years time but no further information and I have been unable to find that, any help is greatly appreciated

Felix

You can not leave for no longer than six months. However I should advise you relocate to the United States as soon as possible.
I do not understand people who apply for these lotteries, win and just stay in their home country to work. You know.. you do not need a green card to visit the United States. A green card is pretty much permanent residency, meaning the United States is your permanent location.. not a get away resort. Anyway just my advice.

hi

if you go back within 6 month , these days will be counted during your citizenship process. However, u can enter US within 1 yr with this green card, no visa or permit is required. If u take a re entry permit before leaving US, that will allow you to enter US within 2 yrs of time.

Remember ., these r rules only. If the immigration officer deem ur case is like that, u dont intend to live permanently in US , they can anytime deny ur entrance and could proceed to cancel the permanent resident status.

if you go back within 6 month , these days will be counted during your citizenship process. However, u can enter US within 1 yr with this green card, no visa or permit is required. If u take a re entry permit before leaving US, that will allow you to enter US within 2 yrs of time.

Remember ., these r rules only. If the immigration officer deem ur case is like that, u dont intend to live permanently in US , they can anytime deny ur entrance and could proceed to cancel the permanent resident status.

He is right.