• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Succesful Interview - Spain

carrasfe

Registered Users (C)
Sorry Mods if this is in the incorrect section but was advised that if I couldnt find the Spanish thread that I should start one and it would find its way into the correct one.

Firstly I should state I am half Spanish and half English. I entered on my fathers nationality and was accepted as many are on here, after a good year of hardly hearing anything I was suddenly informed of the interview date 4th February. I am living/working in London and as a result had it in the US Embassy in London.

I showed up at around 7:30 and had to go to the pharmacy nearby to deposit my mobile phone, ipod and headphones. Upon my return I was able to go to the front of the queue and enter the embassy where I sat down for a good 45 minutes, I was then called up to a counter where I was informed to go and pay at the counter next door, after having completed this we covered all of the paperwork one by one, once it was completed I was asked to take a seat in the main room again. After a further 45minutes-1hour I was called up to another window (I would advise you to write down your number as I nearly forgot it!). I went up to the window and covered the different elements of all the situations and was then asked about where my parents were living when I was born. They were living in Spain but I was born in London as my mother wanted to be in London with her parents, I was then asked for proof of my fathers residence at the time of my birth. I wasn't aware I would need it so didnt have any. This meant that my GC was unable to be processed until this as I was applying through my fathers nationality.

I went home and informed my parents we looked and decided to contact the Madrid town hall who would have records of my fathers full time residence in Spain before he moved to London with my mother in 1996, they sent them and I then got them officially translated and courriered them into the London Embassy, I was pleased to receive 3 weeks later a large brown envelope which contained all of my paperwork.

Advice for anyone who is dual nationality and 1 of which is not able to enter the GC lottery, make sure that you have added information for the parent who's nationality you are able to enter on. It would have not only put my mind at ease having the green card that day but also made the whole saga much quicker!

Anyways I am now currently working for a few more months in London before a holiday in June to the world cup and then I will begin to plan my move to the USA later this year!

Felix

Congratulations Felix and thanks for posting. I'm sure this will help someone in a similar position especially since this cross nationality thing is so tricky sometimes. Enjoy your World Cup vacation in June, I'll be taking it all in on the tv.

sorry mods if this is in the incorrect section but was advised that if i couldnt find the spanish thread that i should start one and it would find its way into the correct one.

Firstly i should state i am half spanish and half english. I entered on my fathers nationality and was accepted as many are on here, after a good year of hardly hearing anything i was suddenly informed of the interview date 4th february. I am living/working in london and as a result had it in the us embassy in london.

I showed up at around 7:30 and had to go to the pharmacy nearby to deposit my mobile phone, ipod and headphones. Upon my return i was able to go to the front of the queue and enter the embassy where i sat down for a good 45 minutes, i was then called up to a counter where i was informed to go and pay at the counter next door, after having completed this we covered all of the paperwork one by one, once it was completed i was asked to take a seat in the main room again. After a further 45minutes-1hour i was called up to another window (i would advise you to write down your number as i nearly forgot it!). I went up to the window and covered the different elements of all the situations and was then asked about where my parents were living when i was born. They were living in spain but i was born in london as my mother wanted to be in london with her parents, i was then asked for proof of my fathers residence at the time of my birth. I wasn't aware i would need it so didnt have any. This meant that my gc was unable to be processed until this as i was applying through my fathers nationality.

I went home and informed my parents we looked and decided to contact the madrid town hall who would have records of my fathers full time residence in spain before he moved to london with my mother in 1996, they sent them and i then got them officially translated and courriered them into the london embassy, i was pleased to receive 3 weeks later a large brown envelope which contained all of my paperwork.

Advice for anyone who is dual nationality and 1 of which is not able to enter the gc lottery, make sure that you have added information for the parent who's nationality you are able to enter on. It would have not only put my mind at ease having the green card that day but also made the whole saga much quicker!

Anyways i am now currently working for a few more months in london before a holiday in june to the world cup and then i will begin to plan my move to the usa later this year!

Felix

congratulation man....................................!!!

Wow, Congrats....did you know of that 'residence' requirement before entering the DV?

you basically had to prove that "..... neither of your parents was born there (in UK) OR resided there at the time of your birth..."
They asked you to prove your Dads residence only? (or you gave Moms passport copies showing she traveled to UK only closer to your birth)

Anyways ppl this is good ex that you need to save all your old PPs and travel documents etc.

Wow, Congrats....did you know of that 'residence' requirement before entering the DV?

you basically had to prove that "..... neither of your parents was born there (in UK) OR resided there at the time of your birth..."
They asked you to prove your Dads residence only? (or you gave Moms passport copies showing she traveled to UK only closer to your birth)

Anyways ppl this is good ex that you need to save all your old PPs and travel documents etc.

Thanks everyone for your messages.

I didnt know about the 'residence' status before I entered the DV, I only had to prove my fathers residency during my birth as his was the nationality that I was applying through, so they weren't interested in my mothers. Even if you don't hav ethe old paperwork don't let it put you off as we didnt but were able to find a way to prove where my father was residing 25 years ago!