• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery interview experience

My dv lottery visa journey - 2013 - Colombo/Sri Lanka

My dv lottery visa journey - 2013 - Colombo/Sri Lanka

For the second time I applied for DV lottery on the closing date, just after an examination. I was not with big hopes about winning but I just applied it once again.

It was 05th of may in 2012. I checked my notifications and got amazed by the news that I have selected for further processing. I hadn't any idea about further processing. I just thought that they would select and send me a green card. :p:p:p

When I'm filling the forms I had to get the support of some forums and people. After that I sent the forms to KCC. I was so lucky to receive my second notification on 12th of march.

My next work was to complete my documents according to the check list sent by the embassy. Even if I have completed everything, I was confused and nervous about the interview. I hadn't any address of USA, but I was lucky to get an address from a friend. It was a luck to be helped by the people who me I have never known.

It was the day of interview. I got ready with everything that I needed for the interview.It was 1.00 pm and I was waiting out side of the security unit. They asked me to enter in to another building where my interview was. There was a lady from our country. She asked me to submit my documents one by one. I could manage to do that work easily. She noted some errors in my forms and completed my file after checking with the details and the copy of DV form that I have sent early. At the end of the document works I was called for the finger print.

Finally I went to pay the fees and while I was there, they called me for the interview. I just faced it without any problem.

CO: Raise your right hand ... do you swear to tell the truth n ..nothing but the truth?
ME: I did.
CO: asked me to to sign the DS230 form
CO: Who is this person (about sponsor)?
ME: one of my friend
CO: Currently what are you doing?
ME: nothing. just had my convocation on 2nd of may.
CO: Which university?
ME: Answered
CO: what degree
ME: B.Sc
CO: Do you wish to stay in sponsor's place?
ME: Yeah
CO: took a yellow paper and wrote the name with Visa collection date
ME: thanks.

That was the interview.

Just after coming out I got to know that I have to pay the fees before going to the interview. They have accidently called me before paying money. :confused:

After coming out of the embassy first I phoned my home. Next I thanked everyone who helped me through out this work..