• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV lottery digital pic specs

Inquiry2003

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,
I am experiencing difficulty in the preparation of a digital photo according to the requirements for the DV lottery. They are asking for a resolution of 320 by 240 pixels which is impossible to achieve by the modern digital cameras as pictures taken on these cameras are at a much higher resolution. Then, the scanning option also seems impossible as it is difficult to get a print image of size 2" by 2", then scan it to the proper resolution!! ...Please help! ...Am I missing a piece of information here? ...I have a scanner and a digital camera at home, yet I am not able to create the kind of image that they are asking for. Please advise. Thank you.

Use a scanner and ms paint

Here's how I did it. If you have a 2x2" pic, scan it and use ms paint to drop the resolution (under image--> attributes). Set the attributes in pixels. The pic may be stretched a little. But as long as it is validated by the site it should be OK. Use photo validator on the site to validate your pic. You pic doesn't have to be exactly 2x2, it just needs to be approximate. I cannot tell you much about using a digital camera. Hope this helps.

in both cases you need to edit your picture using a photo editing software, like Photoshop or others. You'll need to cut out the photo to approximate size (to prevent much distorting and stretching) and then set exact dimensions by typing in the numbers. You'll need to validate them on the web-site and yes, it has to be exact. Even if you're off by 1 pixel, it won't accept it. Good luck

Picture Problem Resolved.

Dear Friends
Thank you very much for the info regarding Picture specs. I took some digital pics and manipulated the size (pixels) in Photoshop. It did the trick and I got a "success" notice after submitting them....Now, we shall wait. Good luck to all. Thank you.