• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Education Requirement Bahamas

Nassauvian

Good day everyone,

I have scoured the internet with relation to finding anything relating to my country listed in the title with DV applicants. To see if anyone was familiar with the process and have been successful. But I wasn’t able to, which is understandable given that we’re a country of 400,000.

I know that the DV education requirements is having a US High School Diploma equivalent. And with this equivalency it should be sufficient enough to get you admitted directly into colleges, at home and in the US without any further tests. Based on my research.

I completed 12 years of education, and was awarded my High School Diploma. I also took our national leaving examinations which are the BGCSEs (Bahamas General Certificate of Secondary Education which is based on the GCSE & IGCSE) and have 3 passes with C and above in English Language, Religious Studies and Electrical Installation (no pass for Mathematics). For our university for direct entry it is required to have 5 or more passes with C inclusive of English Language & Mathematics. Otherwise you would have to do college prep.

From my research to gain entry into US colleges, it seems that the diploma doesn’t carry weight as the US equivalent but the BGCSEs do.

I’m currently enrolled in an Associate Degree program for Network Engineering. I’d like to ask based on persons experience and or knowledge. If I were to apply for the lottery after the successful completion of my degree. Would that along with my High School Diploma, BGCSE results and school transcript (from where I received my degree) satisfy the education requirement if I were to ever be selected for further processing?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

Good day everyone,

I have scoured the internet with relation to finding anything relating to my country listed in the title with DV applicants. To see if anyone was familiar with the process and have been successful. But I wasn’t able to, which is understandable given that we’re a country of 400,000.

I know that the DV education requirements is having a US High School Diploma equivalent. And with this equivalency it should be sufficient enough to get you admitted directly into colleges, at home and in the US without any further tests. Based on my research.

I completed 12 years of education, and was awarded my High School Diploma. I also took our national leaving examinations which are the BGCSEs (Bahamas General Certificate of Secondary Education which is based on the GCSE & IGCSE) and have 3 passes with C and above in English Language, Religious Studies and Electrical Installation (no pass for Mathematics). For our university for direct entry it is required to have 5 or more passes with C inclusive of English Language & Mathematics. Otherwise you would have to do college prep.

From my research to gain entry into US colleges, it seems that the diploma doesn’t carry weight as the US equivalent but the BGCSEs do.

I’m currently enrolled in an Associate Degree program for Network Engineering. I’d like to ask based on persons experience and or knowledge. If I were to apply for the lottery after the successful completion of my degree. Would that along with my High School Diploma, BGCSE results and school transcript (from where I received my degree) satisfy the education requirement if I were to ever be selected for further processing?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you and sorry for the long post.

Dude, you are overthinking this. Enter the lottery. If selected (and it is only a lottery) your interview would be between 1 year and 2 years from now, so your education level will have changed. So - just enter, and see if you win. Then, if you win, you can think about how you qualify.

Fair enough, just wanted to ensure if the degree would be able to overcome the standard education requirement set out in law.