• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 Complex question

fata

Hello!

I was selected to participate in 2023 DV program. I have a question regarding country of eligibility selected in DV application. I am not sure whether I selected Kazakhstan or Uzbekistan in the application. But Foreign State of Chargeability is Kazakhstan. I suppose I actually selected Kazakhstan.

The problem here is that I was born in Uzbekistan. My question is will my application be disqualified in this case?

I am marrying a woman who was born in Kazakhstan, and we will apply together to DS-260. Will this be OK since her country of birth is Kazakhstan.

I also found information that if countries are from the same region it counts as minor mistake. Both Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan are from EU region. But there's also information that Uzbekistan and Ukraine may count as cheating.

And after filling DS-260 application, will we need to contact NVC to change Case Number?

As I suspect you knew very well, you increased your chance of selection by not using Uzbekistan. Assuming the CO knows that (which is likely), you can be disqualified. There is a small chance that the CO doesn't know, so now you get to be unsure of the outcome during the whole process.

Your marriage (after the entry) won't be a justification.

As I suspect you knew very well, you increased your chance of selection by not using Uzbekistan. Assuming the CO knows that (which is likely), you can be disqualified. There is a small chance that the CO doesn't know, so now you get to be unsure of the outcome during the whole process.

Your marriage (after the entry) won't be a justification.
I did not know about that actually. My citizenship is Kazakhstan, so I thought that I should apply by choosing Kazakhstan. My bad is that I did not read instructions very well...

Thank you for quick reply!