• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 submitting question

Gregoryl

Hi,

We are doing the DV Lottery for the first time.
I was born in Germany but hold 2 passports, French and German.
My wife is Canadian. Therefore, on my application, I register my wife as Canadian or with my German nationality? (Canada is on the can’t apply list) (I read online that the spouse can use my country of birth for application. Is that correct?). Therefore, can I still use my French nationality to apply or do I need to use the German as my wife would?
other question, can my wife do her own application too even if I register her on my application? I want to make sure it would not be counted as a duplicate and therefore be disqualified.If she can apply, does she register me as a spouse too?
We would like to make sure we maximize our chances.
thank you in advance for all your help!
G.

1. This has nothing to do with citizenship. Country of birth is what matters.
2. Your wife would enter Canada as place of birth and choose "No" and Germany as country of eligibility in the next question.
3. You would enter Germany as country of birth and Yes in the next question.
4. Both must list the other as spouse.
5. Both use which passport they like for the entry.
6. If she is selected you will BOTH be treated as principal selectees, meaning you both have to meet education requirements and have to enter the USA simultaneously for the activation trip.