• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020/2021 Mental Health Thread!

noname111222

Hi guys!

I have seen (and experienced myself) that with the ongoing pandemic and with the proclamations, change in leadership and with all the uncertainty that's going on with DV2021+DV2020, I have noticed that many of us are struggling mentally during this progress. It's a very stressful time to win the DV lottery, both for DV21 and as it was for DV20, and it can also be a lonely one.

Many people will never understand the stress that comes with winning the DV lottery and many in our surroundings have never even heard of it. Don't get me wrong, I believe it's a a huge, almost massive, privilege to win the DV Lottery and it's not something we are entitled to one bit. It's a privlege, hands down, and we are lucky to be part of the process no matter how it goes. But that doesn't mean it's not okay to feel stressed about it, especially with all the outside factors that we can't control right now.

Anyhow, I figured it would be nice for us selectees to have a thread specifically where we can check in with each other and help each other stay calm and positive throughout this process. We don't know how it will end, but that doesn't mean we have to go through it alone :)

Moderators, of course feel free to delete/close this thread if it's inappropiate or if there's already one like this created. I just figured it could be useful for some to have a thread specifically to talk about what a privlege (but stressful one) this is.