• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

***!DV 2014 Selectee"s Report here!***

saunj11

Registered Users (C)
Well, I thought I should get this thread going. The time is finally here, the wait is merely down to hours now. Let's try keep it clean guys, in other words, only post here after 12PM EST tomorrow if you are selected. This would give us a good outlook for those of us who are looking for others in a similar position, from the same country etc.

Tell us your Country ( That you entered with) , Confirmation ( Last Digits Censored!) and if you can the date you entered.

I really wish you all the best of luck, and I hope that you and I will be posting here tomorrow with the news!;)

myself and every one best of luck

Am Larry-K from Nigeria. good luck 2 all of us that play DV Lottery 2014.I wishing myself and every one best of luck inshall Allah

2008-not selected
2009-not selected
2010-not selected
2011-not selected
2012-not selected
2013 -not selected
today may 1 2014 I we be selected inshall Allah bequderatoolaih

please guys... the original post stated no posts on this thread until you are selected. And lobstrick you have to wait till noon eastern time. 2 more hours. And even then it may not work due to high numbers of ppl checking at same time. Let's save this thread for announcement of winners. Good luck!

Hi Everyone

I am happy to say after 5 years of trying I have been successful in my application. Just got the news about an hour ago and am beaming with joy.

I am from Australia.
Confirmation # is I dont know what to write here as I dont want to give out that info
Date Applied: Oct 2nd 2012

I thank God I was selected.

Good luck to the rest of you waiting.

Congrats mijoro for your successful selection! I'm an Aussie too, got my GC in last year's draw. People usually write their case numbers, not the confirmation number. Mine was OC2013000007xx. Everyone just blocks out the last couple of digits. But you don't have to write anything if you don't want to.

So you'll probably be on this forum over the next several months as there's lots to learn and talk about. Hopefully other successful Aussies will come on board because it's nice to have company in your journey.

All the best! We're off next week, to the US.

Thank you Vichel.... I was on this forum last year when I was unsuccessful but I cant remember my login that I used so I just made a new account.

I am excited and terrified at the same time.

My case number is 2014OC0000Xxxx

What is the deal with case numbers I am hoping the lower the better...

I won too.

I'm Australian. I won too. For months I have had a lingering feeling of dread about winning and part of me hoped to lose. I entered without considering it deeply enough. I would love to go to America but I fear I may be unable to meet all the requirements.

I have a sporadic employment history and I have recently been self-employed so the recent couple of years is very solid looking. I also took state disability welfare for a time in my 20s. I fear I'm doomed. Utterly doomed. Doomed with this "public charge" thing.

Any Australians who have been through the process who wish to assist me, this is the information I need:

How many years of tax returns did you need to show?
How many months from the day you found out you won the lottery elapsed between then and the day you were standing before a consular official showing financial documents for the first time?
How far back in your bank accounts statements did they look how far back do you need to go?
I have 20 grand in the bank and a 20 grand car I can also sell. Plus a bachelor's degree.
I will pass the medical, I am no longer disabled. I can even provide my own doc saying even if I tried, I wouldn't be eligible to get disability in Australia any more. I think I am going to be sick now that I won. I don't feel good at all. I feel doomed. How many months do I have to get these financials together?

If anyone can answer those questions I have, I owe you something. I am worried sick!

If I had have known then what I know now about interacting with the australian welfare system and potentially poisoining my ability to leave the country, I would have lived on bread and water at my parents place on the floor, that's how much I will be livid if this past history of collecting some welfare keeps me trapped in one country for the rest of my life.

badabingbada, I sent you a reply to your message to me about this worry you have. It's needless. Seeing what you wrote here, I can unequivocally say again: RELAX! You'll be fine. You'll pass.

They likely won't even ask for your financials but bring them anyway, just to make you feel better. :D

Hi Everyone

I am happy to say after 5 years of trying I have been successful in my application. Just got the news about an hour ago and am beaming with joy.

I am from Australia.
Confirmation # is I dont know what to write here as I dont want to give out that info
Date Applied: Oct 2nd 2012

I thank God I was selected.

Good luck to the rest of you waiting.

Congratulations and all the best on the start of your journey :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK

I'm Australian. I won too. For months I have had a lingering feeling of dread about winning and part of me hoped to lose. I entered without considering it deeply enough. I would love to go to America but I fear I may be unable to meet all the requirements.

I have a sporadic employment history and I have recently been self-employed so the recent couple of years is very solid looking. I also took state disability welfare for a time in my 20s. I fear I'm doomed. Utterly doomed. Doomed with this "public charge" thing.

Any Australians who have been through the process who wish to assist me, this is the information I need:

How many years of tax returns did you need to show?
How many months from the day you found out you won the lottery elapsed between then and the day you were standing before a consular official showing financial documents for the first time?
How far back in your bank accounts statements did they look how far back do you need to go?
I have 20 grand in the bank and a 20 grand car I can also sell. Plus a bachelor's degree.
I will pass the medical, I am no longer disabled. I can even provide my own doc saying even if I tried, I wouldn't be eligible to get disability in Australia any more. I think I am going to be sick now that I won. I don't feel good at all. I feel doomed. How many months do I have to get these financials together?

If anyone can answer those questions I have, I owe you something. I am worried sick!

If I had have known then what I know now about interacting with the australian welfare system and potentially poisoining my ability to leave the country, I would have lived on bread and water at my parents place on the floor, that's how much I will be livid if this past history of collecting some welfare keeps me trapped in one country for the rest of my life.

You've got enough funds to go through. The standard deviation is between $10,000 USD and $20,000 USD and you've got your degree so absolutely nothing to worry about.

Tax returns I don't think you'll need to show at the interview (I've not read this anywhere).

As for the timeframe you have you'll know from October 1st 2013 onwards when the next fiscal year starts as to the case number cut-offs for your region. It won't be immediate i.e. they notify you 6 weeks before your interview date so you'll have that time to gather all your documentation together so the moment you receive your 2nd NL start acting within 24 hours.

Bank statements depend from embassy to embassy/country to country but to be safe go with 6 months bank statements.

If you know someone in the US then go with the I-134 form (single applicant) as it is a strong affidavit.

Feel free to ask anything else you need to know mate :)

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
2nd NL - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Port of Entry - New York JFK

I won too. Couldn't believe my eyes!

My case number puts me at the 30,000ish category, not sure how bad that is.

I'm African and currently in the US on OPT. I am hoping to do an AOS but my OPT runs out at the end of this summer. Will I be able to do an AOS considering my number won't be current before early 2014 at best?

I won too. Couldn't believe my eyes!

My case number puts me at the 30,000ish category, not sure how bad that is.

I'm African and currently in the US on OPT. I am hoping to do an AOS but my OPT runs out at the end of this summer. Will I be able to do an AOS considering my number won't be current before early 2014 at best?

Congrats! :) Now, you have some planning to do. Is there a way to extend your OPT (STEM) ? Is there a way to apply for H1B ? If not, you'll have to go back to your country and do a CP to get your DV.

Check this link to get an idea of your country's number. If it is too low, it might be best to do CP anyway.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_5715.html

Hold up....

"Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
2nd NL - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Port of Entry - New York JFK "

Does this mean you haven't heard anything about your case in eleven months? You send things to KCC, in May last year, and you have not heard anything in a year?

Is this common?

"Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)

Does this mean you haven't heard anything about your case in eleven months? You send things to KCC, in May last year, and you have not heard anything in a year?

Is this common?

Did you notice his case number?

Hold up....

2nd NL - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Port of Entry - New York JFK "

Is this common?

Bro my case number is in the higher range and the higher range case numbers normally get called up for interviews in the second year of the process during the summer time between June and September.

The cut-off for June 2013 is 56,000 so if all goes well July will become current for me and my other friends in the higher case number range. At most I'll become current in August which means the interview will be in September.