• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

cosmo.kramer101

Registered Users (C)
The DV 2012 lottery instructions are out

travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

Good luck to whoever is up for submitting.

Here's the deal, good people and I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.
I'm an LPR living outside the USA (that is considered by the US government as I have abandoned my PR status - takes some effort to reestablish). But my goal is to bring my family (spouse and a minor child - both are citizens of the country eligible for the DV lottery) to the USA.

The question is: can I (being an LPR) submit the application for the DV lottery?

In the instructions it clearly states that the husband and a wife CAN submit 2 separate applications.

MAY A HUSBAND AND A WIFE EACH SUBMIT A SEPARATE ENTRY?

Yes, a husband and a wife may each submit one entry if each meets the eligibility requirements. If either is selected, the other is entitled to derivative status.

My main concern though is if I submit an application will it be disqualified just because I'm already an LPR?

You've had your chance and you blew it. There are so many people out there who would give a left nut just to win the lottery and you had it and let it go. In my opinion you dont deserve to be able to apply again - however, I honestly think your application would be discarded as you are already technically a PR. Your wife could apply though no problems.

Muraya don't be down! That makes it two of us! But there's always next time and let us be optimistic about next time!