• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 winners: When did you fill out the form?

Rawk

It seems a lot of the people who won filled in their forms right when registration opened October 5th 2010. It seems especially odd because a lot of couples won together, which normally doesn't happen much. When did the winners here fill out their forms? Right away or later?

I seem to have observed the same thing you did Rawk. In previous years, those who submitted during the last few days are the ones who mostly got selected. Therefore, that's what I decided to do this time (letting go my norm for the past years of submitting in the first two minutes of the opening of the dv lottery) and wait until the last minute. And guess what, it seems that almost everyone who submitted in the first few hours are the ones who got selected. Anyway, I know that my time has not yet come to win the DV and I will keep trying until the right time comes and I get selected!

We won, and we also submitted within the first few minutes. All the people we know of who were selected did the same thing, so there definately seems to be a pattern here.

Hey guys good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

Shihab ur day will definately cme.Its true wat u said l ave been keen enuf to see it.I applied 37 minutes from when they opend the site.N l won.So next year it will be those who apply in the middle days or at the end of registration that will win.I ave a gut feeln about this.

It seems a lot of the people who won filled in their forms right when registration opened October 5th 2010. It seems especially odd because a lot of couples won together, which normally doesn't happen much. When did the winners here fill out their forms? Right away or later?
I entered on October 12, 2010. In reflecting back, I believe our picture was not exactly to their specifications, the background was lightish grey and not white.

Its just so sad that what I've been doing all these years would pay off just when I change my pattern. Anyway, we always learn through our mistakes and hopefully this is the last time that I get the "WAS NOT SELECTED" message! I actually was tempted to submit when the lottery opened (I was actually on the site at that time) but I just fought off the temptation (with a worry that things might turn out to be exactly what they turned out to be). All in all, I'm a firm believer in God's work in mysterious ways and that either my time to be selected has not come yet or will never come! I will never know unless I keep trying - and I will keep trying so long as I live and so long as the DV lottery program is on!

Everything does point towards the visa's being awarded on a first come first serve basis. Either someone screwed up the drawing process or they did it intentionally to lower the number of winners (a lot of married couples who signed up together both won because they entered at the same time, but they only needed one visa in the first place, effectively taking away a greencard from someone else). In any case, it's pretty annoying that most of us never had a chance to win to begin with, when we unwittingly signed up at a later date.

Everything does point towards the visa's being awarded on a first come first serve basis. Either someone screwed up the drawing process or they did it intentionally to lower the number of winners (a lot of married couples who signed up together both won because they entered at the same time, but they only needed one visa in the first place, effectively taking away a greencard from someone else). In any case, it's pretty annoying that most of us never had a chance to win to begin with, when we unwittingly signed up at a later date.
Good points; especially concerning a lot of married couples who won at the same time. In addition, they may have only selected 50,000 persons this time as opposed to 100,000. This year's lottery seemed to be unfair considering the various reports thus far. They need to draw again.

Any winners that applied after the first few days?
All the winner till now, that responded on this forum, have applied in the first day.

I entered on the 8th of October last year and I didn't win. I don't think I've seen a winner who entered after the first day yet, which is really weird. There's also been a few cases on this forum of married couples BOTH being selected on their own which is another weird thing. hmmm it's really odd!

I entered on October 30th. I also haven't been selected :(
scam or what? :(
Both of us applied on the 12 October, 2010...SCAM indeed!!!! Sorry, but I have trouble accepting the results based on the winning reports thus far!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people used to get married just before going for the interview and the number of visas were increased. It was a kind of cheating don't you think? That's why they picked couples and families this time. I am too unlucky to be single...

Some people used to get married just before going for the interview and the number of visas were increased. It was a kind of cheating don't you think? That's why they picked couples and families this time. I am too unlucky to be single...
I am married and was not selected.

Not all married but most of them. Sorry for you friend. :(
Or maybe for married who applied on the first days... who knows

Applied 23/10, did not win (8th time). We apply as a couple since our 3 children are American citizens already based on the country of birth, so we cannot mention them.