• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2004 winner FINALLY Got new resident Status.

wendyam

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

This is Wendyam. I had posted a message on August 5th with the following title:
"DV-2004 winner still have not got adjustment of status”.
Fist of all I want to thank everybody that showed an interest in my case. It is comforting to see people that share your interests and understand your despair. Thank you to you all.
This is an update to my case: I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, unbelievable but true. I thank god the most for that because without miracles it would not have been possible. Indeed until August 5th there was nothing new in my case. No appointment for fingerprints, No appointment for interview.
I took an Info-Pass appointment from BCIS website and went to see an inspector. She told me that she could not find my application file, and that it was lost.
In my despair I was praying for a miracle, and I saw a lady that looked like an attorney. I went to converse with her asking her if she was an immigration attorney and if she could help me. She said yes and the same evening she took my case. A week later she called me to give me my appointments for fingerprinting for the following week as well as my adjustment interview for mid-September. However she told me that fingerprint clearance would possibly take more than a month which will make me ineligible for adjustment of status. With prayers, my name was cleared in 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I went for the interview the adjudication officer told me that I needed at least a job offer to be able to qualify and I had until September 30th to bring one.
I brought one the same day since I have been working with my cousin (who has his own company) from the time I got my work authorization.
However it was too late in the day, she had to leave her office and asked me to come 3 days later as she was taking few days off. The 3rd day my lawyer went to see her with the requested documents she the officer STAMPED my passport! YOUPIE!!! GOD HAD SAVED ME!

Basically everything from appointments to change of status happened within 40 days.
Hopefully I found a great lawyer and god and Mary helped me with a miracle with this record on extremely reduced processing time for name check.

My final word is that you should NEVER abandon and should ALWAYS have faith in your goals and in GOD!!!!!

God bless you all.
P.S: I m at your disposal if anyone would like some more informations, advices or recommendations.

Congratulation!
I was 2004 winner. I got my approval first and wife in Africa got hers the last week of September.
Once again congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)