Dumb question, Pencils and photographs

banjo

Registered Users (C)
I am about to submit the N-400. In the instructions it says that I write my name and alien number lightly with a pencil on the back of each of two photographs.

Here is my problem. Not sure what paper the photos are on. The pencil will just not write on it. Anyone else had this completely stupid problem? Help!!!!!......lol

banjo said:
I am about to submit the N-400. In the instructions it says that I write my name and alien number lightly with a pencil on the back of each of two photographs.

Here is my problem. Not sure what paper the photos are on. The pencil will just not write on it. Anyone else had this completely stupid problem? Help!!!!!......lol

Had the same problem. I traced our info. using the pencil over and over on the same digits/alphabets till they seemed clear enough for somebody to read. Don't put too much pressure as it could cause indentations to appear on the image side of the photograph.

-chatrathi

Think I will go back to the photographer who took the pictures and ask him if he can change the photopaper. That seems to be the best option. I tried tracing over and over. Just made a muck out of it :)

The easiest way is to use an eraser and erase the part of the photograph that you are about to write on. Then use the pencil to write on it.

go_cp said:
The easiest way is to use an eraser and erase the part of the photograph that you are about to write on. Then use the pencil to write on it.

I submitted my photos without my A# number on them, because I could write on them with a pencil.

However, during my interview, the adjudicating officer used an eraser to erase a part of the photographs and had me sign my name on them.

I went to another photo place, got the pictures, this time made sure that the paper they use will allow a pencil writing. So this phase is over. Now for submitting the application.