Dual Citizenship/ Passports Travel Query

jabbarusa

Registered Users (C)
I am a citizen of Pakistan and just got my US citizenship. I just had one question regarding travelling. How does this dual citizenship work. Neither the USA or Pakistan have any problems with it. SO if I ever go to Pakistan, I guess I can use my Pakistani passport and when i come back To US i can use my US passport. But won't the officer ask me, while presenting my US passport that there is no exit stamp from any country or where i am coming from. Or it doesn't matter as long as i am presenting a US passport on entry.
Please advise.
Thank you

I am a citizen of Pakistan and just got my US citizenship. I just had one question regarding travelling. How does this dual citizenship work. Neither the USA or Pakistan have any problems with it. SO if I ever go to Pakistan, I guess I can use my Pakistani passport and when i come back To US i can use my US passport. But won't the officer ask me, while presenting my US passport that there is no exit stamp from any country or where i am coming from. Or it doesn't matter as long as i am presenting a US passport on entry.
Please advise.
Thank you

Hi,
You may have issues when leaving Pakistan and coming to the US. the airport authorities in Pakistan would allow you to board the aircraft if you have valid travel documents ( In your case it si a valid US passport) and The IO at the border post in the US usually look for when you departed from Pakistan. More than this issue your status may come into play when you try to renew your pakistani Passport. From other people's experiences in this forum I think it would be wise to declare yourself as an US citizen unless you do not want to disclose this to Pakistan authoroities. Hope this is helpful.

The US does not put any exit stamp on the way out. Everything is done electronically and for good reason. Anyway the passenger sheet with all details is sent to the US before the plane lands here. The immigration authorities anywhere can really access all the information on either ends. US passports allow you to come back. If a country outside the US does not require a US passport or a Visa the US could care less. I guess the same goes for Pakistan. As long as you have valid documents to enter Pakistan that is all that matters.

Please advise.
Thank you

I already have one.I was just being curious, plus you never know the intentions of pakistani immigration officers...sometimes they are not up to date. But thanks for your input. One more question. My pakistani passport is about to expire, so should i renew it or just use the NIOCP card.
Please advise.
Thanks