DS PART 1 Query

kumar461

Registered Users (C)
Can any one please tell me what I need to write in line 25 of DS 230 Part1.
I was in and out of the country for more than 6 times so do I need to enter what visa category I was in when entering the country (like using AP when on valid H1) or do I need to put actual visa status like H1 etc????
Appreicate your input on these.

Kumar

kumar461 said:
Can any one please tell me what I need to write in line 25 of DS 230 Part1.
I was in and out of the country for more than 6 times so do I need to enter what visa category I was in when entering the country (like using AP when on valid H1) or do I need to put actual visa status like H1 etc????
Appreicate your input on these.

Kumar

If necessary use an extra sheet for entering the information about all your
visits and stay in US. In the last column on the right you would enter the
Visa type (B1, H1 etc) and the relavant visa number. You will find the visa
number printed in 'Red' on the Visa stamp in your passport.

Raju

Agree with the above. In the old H1 forms, there was no space to write this details. So always used to attach a seperate sheet.

Raju595 and alren,

are you guys sure that the A# is the red #s on the Visa stamp in the passport?? Is this what you guys provided in your DS Forms?? I just want to confirm .. I would appreciate a reply..

Thanks
S

sanjay76 said:
Raju595 and alren,

are you guys sure that the A# is the red #s on the Visa stamp in the passport?? Is this what you guys provided in your DS Forms?? I just want to confirm .. I would appreciate a reply..

Thanks
S

Did I ever say that the number in RED is the Alian number??

No! The number in Red on the H1 Visa stamp is the Visa number.

You would not have alian number in H1 status ( I do not know if there are any exceptions to this)

Raju

Thanks a lot for your inputs

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will do it as suggested by Raju.
Another quick question, my 8th year H1 is expiring next month and I am anticipating my papers to reach consulate by end of this month. Is there any way we can request Consulate to give me an earlier appointment??

Kumar

kumar461 said:
Thanks a lot for your inputs. I will do it as suggested by Raju.
Another quick question, my 8th year H1 is expiring next month and I am anticipating my papers to reach consulate by end of this month. Is there any way we can request Consulate to give me an earlier appointment??

Kumar

Sorry to disappoint you but, this situation may not be the grounds for
advancing the interview date. You may have to apply for one more extention
in the background while you are waiting for your interview.

Raju

Kumar,
I think you can always request them giving the reason of expiration of your 8th year H1B. You should personally call them, and explain your situation to them.