• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DS-260 crime sections - Verdict Appeal

Fona

I have 2 questions which I hope you can be able to answer please! Maybe this one should be in the legal section, I don't know, otherwise a moderator can move it there, thanks!

I have not got selected, and this is mostly a thing I should worry about if I do of course, but I still would like to ask you folks.

On the Travel State Gov site, it tells us the following:

( Selected entrants are encouraged to complete the online DS-260 application immediately to schedule an interview appointment at the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate. )

I have an ongoing appeal in the court after I got sentenced to 4 moths in prison, last year. It is dated 4th of June, I will get the whole sentence somewhere between 18th and June the 20th. Will there be a problem if I would wait till then to fill in the DS-260 form? I am asking because I don’t know yet if I will be acquitted in some of the offenses/violations, and thereof don’t know what to put in the crime section of the DS-260 form.

I live in Sweden.

Second question, do you think it would be a problem with this sentence if I would win? Everyone tells me my sentence will get reduced since it was my first crimes, I am indicted of 4 crimes, not so serious really, but still…

I’ve heard that if it is under 6 months, there is usually not a problem, but that can also depend on how long time ago it was or so?

Best regards!