ds 160 question

ashes2010

I have ds160 question for my brother B2 visitor visa,,,,what should be the answer to this question? "Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? "...my brother worked for unicef and ficci care back in 2001 to 2003,,,should I mention yes or no to the question above?, what are the pros and cons?*btw I am going to pay for the trip thats what I am showing in DS160

Also, how many years of work experience should I mention in ds160? He has 17 years of experience, do I need to mention all of that experience?

I have ds160 question for my brother B2 visitor visa,,,,what should be the answer to this question? "Have you belonged to, contributed to, or worked for any professional, social, or charitable organization? "...my brother worked for unicef and ficci care back in 2001 to 2003,,,should I mention yes or no to the question above?, what are the pros and cons?*btw I am going to pay for the trip thats what I am showing in DS160

Also, how many years of work experience should I mention in ds160? He has 17 years of experience, do I need to mention all of that experience?

Hi Ashes,

I have my interview next week and completed my DS160 recently. That questions goes in case he worked for organizations like United Way. If he worked for a similar organization like this, then place yes and I don't think there is any pros or cons on this questions. Just make sure to be honest in all areas.

I added my last 3 jobs and consider that this should be enough, since I'm taking job letters from my 2 recent jobs. Hope your brother goes well on his interview.

Understood Thanks..

My brother worked for UNICEF INDIA, will that be considered as charitable organization?

UNICEF can be considered as charitable so go ahead and add it. Good luck to your brother and let me know how it goes. I will update when I complete mines on Thursday.

sure, good luck to you too and share the good news.

Hi Ashes,

I got my interview this Thursday and my Visa was approved very quickly. I was just asked 2 questions and got approved. I need to wait 3 to 5 business days in order to get my passport back. Hope everything goes well with your brother.