driving to canada

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i'm a canadian PR living and working in usa on H1 visa. I"m planning to visit canada during the long weekend. Here are my concerns.

(1) Can i drive my car and drove it to canada and then come back in my car only? My car is registered in USA only and i didn't mention it when i landed in canada 4 years ago. If i go with my car then do i've to get it registed in canada with local DMV ? for how many days I can stay in canada with my car without worrying about registering my car locally in canada. I think there is time limit of around 30 days or so can anyone please confirm and send me the link for these canada DMv rules?

(2) Can i go to canada using a rental car? I am also thinking about that option.

(3)In the past they made some rules that canadian PR can not drive to canada from USA or something like that.I dont remember the exact version of rule but becuase of that during that time people were travelling by MTrack and buses. Is that rule still in effect OR I am all set to drive by car if i want to..

Hello programmer76, did you get to drive to canada on the long weekend? If so how was your experience? I am planning to do so soon. Could you please post your experience for everyone's benefit? Thanks