Driver license for asylum pending in NYC

Asylee_seeker

Hi, everyone. Can driver license be obtained/renewed in NYC with Ead and SSN, considering that national passport was expired. Who had the same problem please share your experience. Thank you

yes , every state will issue you a driver licences with EAD and SSN , you do not need your passport . you just have to check what they need to proof you live in NY .

yes , every state will issue you a driver licences with EAD and SSN , you do not need your passport . you just have to check what they need to proof you live in NY .
Website only shows passport, butnit doesn't specify if passport can be expired or not. I just don't want to wait couple hours in line at dmv to find out that they don't guve without valid passport(
Any advise from own experience will be very helpful to me.

The only time an expired passport is useful is for certain immigration purposes or to replace it, otherwise it must be valid

It seems you definitely have the documents for a standard license. As for the REAL ID license, the regular document guide does seem to say that an EAD must be used with a passport, though I am not sure whether that is just a poorly worded guide or whether a passport really is required, because it seems like an EAD should be enough by itself. But anyway, you should be able to at least get a standard license.