DOS recommendation obtained - timeline

sri2377

Registered Users (C)
Hello all

I have been going through all the messages out here. I applied for a waiver and got favourable recommendation from DOS. I want to post the time line as follows. So that it will be useful for non-medical people applying for waiver.

Sep 15, 2006 - sent the NORI request documents to India to three places.
(MHRD -Delhi, Passport office Chennai, Home department Chennai)

Sep 16, 2006 - sent the relevant documents to DOS J1 waiver section with
fees

Oct 5, 2006 - Sent documents appeared online dated Oct 5th 2006. (I did not
notice how long they took to post it online. I actually saw that
after 15th Oct)

Jan 10, 2007 - Got all the NORIs from India (of course with a lot of push)
Sent them to Indian embassy Chicago along with passport.

Feb 22, 2007 - Received J1 waiver letter from Indian Embassy Chicago
dated 15th Feb with passport

Mar 13, 2007 - Received letter from Indian Embassy in D. C. dated 6th March
stating that my J1 waiver is "being forwarded to DOS" (watch
statement).

Mar 20, 2007 - DOS case status showed that they received the No Objection.
Actually appeared online on 23rd of March with a previous
date.... Then the wait starts.....

(after 11 weeks and 7 days)

June 07, 2007 - DOS website shows Favourable recommendation.
(yet to get the DOS letter in hand).

I still have further to go to complete the waiver process, but I want to post the timline and thank the immigration portal friends.

Thanks
:D

Your application was processed very fast. I started my process in July 2006. I got my waiver letter from the consulate in houston on May 11, 2007. It is June 11 today and I have still not got any statement from the Indian Embassy in washington that the waiver is being forwarded....

I would like to contact the Embassy but nobody picks up the phone..I sent multiple emails..and no reply to THAT either...I think the embassy probably are sitting on my waiver letter...

Last edited by a moderator:
Your application was processed very fast. I started my process in July 2006. I got my waiver letter from the consulate in houston on May 11, 2007. It is June 11 today and I have still not got any statement from the Indian Embassy in washington that the waiver is being forwarded....

I would like to contact the Embassy but nobody picks up the phone..I sent multiple emails..and no reply to THAT either...I think the embassy probably are sitting on my waiver letter...

its not really quick. see CGI-chicago took 35 days and almost 2 months to get response from consulate to embassy. But its true be it either consulate or embassy no one picks up the phone. So try calling diff section - visa or business and ask them to connect thro internal...You will get connected.

I am planning to go to CGI-Chicago direct so that they process on the same day.

good luck

Indian Embassy - Chicago - response

hi all

I would like to tell you that the embassy at Chicago do respond to fax messages.

Actually when I was waiting for the NOC from passport office (I never received a copy for myself) I faxed the embassy asking if they got it. After 1 week they called me to my office and said that they have received a copy of NOC from pass port office Chennai.

Then I managed to get a copy of it through my father, which he scanned it and sent it to me. Then I sent the copy of the NOC from passport office. In fact I never received any letter from passport office. All I sent was copy. But CGI accepted it since they received a copy directly.

Hope this helps