Dora In 120-180 Days? Confused!

CATI2006

Registered Users (C)
D.O.R.A In 120-180 Days? Confused!

HI "DORA" PEOPLE

IS there anyone whose online status says "The case will take 120 to 180 days" ? My dora appt was on oct 5th and i got my Notice of Action today,oct 16, without the letter asking me to schedule FP appoitment. NOA says they will send me a letter with FP appoitment date. anyone with same situation? please reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
Don't worry about the time frame that the online status gives you - that doesn't apply to DORA. :)
I have heard about several cases where the USCIS say they'll schedule the FP appointment, so I guess it's just a case of waiting.

HG

Hi CAT12006,

I had my DORA appointment on 3rd Oct, received NOA dated 7th Oct. My on-line status say the same thing (90-120 days).
I havent received my FP letter yet. Did you? Keep this thread updated.

pincike74 said:
Hi CAT12006,

I had my DORA appointment on 3rd Oct, received NOA dated 7th Oct. My on-line status say the same thing (90-120 days).
I havent received my FP letter yet. Did you? Keep this thread updated.

Pincike74
I also haven't received my FP letter. Also, i just checked again and i am copying pasting exact message on www.uscis.gov for my case

"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on October 13, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 120 and 180 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

Does it say 120 days for you, that should be pretty much the D.O.R.A's estimated timeline 90 to 120 days. Mine is like 180 days, i'm kinda scared.

Hope either one of us gets something in mail soon!

CATI2006,

If it makes you feel any better, mine just changed to "120 to 180 days" too.
Also, I stated "30 to 90 days" last week. I wouldnt read too much into it.
At present, I am just worried about getting getting fo done.....taking it one step at a time..........will keep this thread updated.

My AOS progress

I had my interview on Sept. 13 and I got an appointment letter for FP on Oct. 23rd. The appointment is for Nov. 25th.

Wow!! so it does take more than a month to get fp appointment letters. Did you apply through DORA? If so, your fp appointment is 70 days after your interview. Does this mean you will get your EAD and AP before finger printing?

My online Msg too said the same before. Now it says processing resumed after FP recieved. Dunno how long to wait now. Cut on my thumb really delayed things up a lil, but hopefully it should get back on track now.

Aug 11- Dora Interview
Aug 17- ND for I-130 & I-485
Sep 09- ND for FP appt. Apt date of 23rd Sep.
Sep 23-FP appointment - Was sent back due to cut on right thumb.
Waited for thumb to heal.....
Oct 04- Recieved another letter dated 30th Sep from USCIS stating if FP isnt done by Oct 15 my application will be considered abondoned.
Oct 08- went for FP .... But office was closed.(columbus day) office is open Tue-Sat
Oct 11-FP done by walkin
Oct 12-Online status touched
Oct 13-online status touched again
Oct 18-status massege changed to "results of FP recieved and processing resumed."
Oct 30- Online status touched ( or Change in LUD...watever)

guru5678

Since is has already been 70 days since your interview and you haven't your status is still pending approval, they should have already asked you to apply for an EAD and AP. Did you receive a notice from USCIS regarding this?

U can't get EAD or AP without FP. Since my FP was delayed hence delay in 70 day letter for EAD/AP. Any way I might not got for EAD or AP and just wait for GC.
Iam guessing I should hear somethin this week.

guru5678

IF that is the case, I am going to try and walk in for fp. I need my EAD and AD soon. I am on HIB and have another job lined up. My future employer is not going to wait forever for me to get my green card.

pincike74 said:
Wow!! so it does take more than a month to get fp appointment letters. Did you apply through DORA? If so, your fp appointment is 70 days after your interview. Does this mean you will get your EAD and AP before finger printing?

I did apply through DORA. Granted, there was a request for evidence which I did not submit until October 20th which may be the main reason for delay. Once they received that, I received the FP notice within 2 weeks after that. I'm sure I will receive a letter asking me to apply for EAD.

Pincike74

I am going to wait one more week and if i don't see anything in mail, then i'll call USCIS and ask if any FP letter have been mailed to me. At that point, i'll either schedule FP appointment or i'll just do a walk-in FP at the Dallas ASC.

Walk IN

CATI2006 said:
Pincike74

I am going to wait one more week and if i don't see anything in mail, then i'll call USCIS and ask if any FP letter have been mailed to me. At that point, i'll either schedule FP appointment or i'll just do a walk-in FP at the Dallas ASC.

I would suggest that you walk in as soon as you can. My husband walked in at the south Dallas location early October and there was nobody there. the place was practically empty. The lady that interviewed us told us to get fingerprinted as soon as possible but our letter stated that we had to wait. We decided to walk in and it was sucessful.